digitalmars.D.announce - version control in D

reply "Ameer Armaly" <ameer_armaly hotmail.com> writes:
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi all.
I was wondering, if there is any interest in creating some sort of =
version control tool in D.  I was taking a look at some of the cogito =
scripts this morning, and I figure it wouldn't be super hard to design a =
d git front-end called dgit or something like that.
What do you think?
--=20
Sep 24 2005
parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dh514d$13fv$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ameer Armaly says...

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C155.3A31CB90

Hi all.
I was wondering, if there is any interest in creating some sort of =
version control tool in D.  I was taking a look at some of the cogito =
scripts this morning, and I figure it wouldn't be super hard to design a =
d git front-end called dgit or something like that.
What do you think?
For what it's worth, a good number of us in the community are already using SVN as that's what's being used over on dsource.org. Also, a fair number of independent (non-dsource folks) D programmers are also using SVN. A D-built SVN tool would really be a nice addition to the average D programmer's toolkit. I'll add that while SVN's line-command tools work great, the GUI-based offerings aren't so hot. There's definately plenty of elbow room for a quality product to take over in that niche. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Sep 24 2005

=
d git front-end called dgit or something like that.
What do you think?
For what it's worth, a good number of us in the community are already
using SVN
 as that's what's being used over on dsource.org.  Also, a fair number of
 independent (non-dsource folks) D programmers are also using SVN.  A
D-built SVN
 tool would really be a nice addition to the average D programmer's
toolkit.
 I'll add that while SVN's line-command tools work great, the GUI-based
offerings
 aren't so hot.  There's definately plenty of elbow room for a quality
product to
 take over in that niche.

 - EricAnderton at yahoo
Sep 25 2005