D - threads

reply Mista <ouwezak softhome.net> writes:
Are there examples available on threads ?
What i done so far is:

    Thread foo=new Thread(&justaThread,null);
    foo.start();

But much more should be posible, and some good examples might help me get
some understanding about this subject.
Apr 03 2004
next sibling parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
There's one example that I know of on the Tutorials Forum here:

http://www.dsource.org/

Phill.

"Mista" <ouwezak softhome.net> wrote in message
news:Xns94C23CEABD2Fouwezaksofthomenet 63.105.9.61...
 Are there examples available on threads ?
 What i done so far is:

     Thread foo=new Thread(&justaThread,null);
     foo.start();

 But much more should be posible, and some good examples might help me get
 some understanding about this subject.
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
There's one or two examples over at www.dsource.org that you might find
useful.

Also, if you're just learning about threads you might check out chapter 13
(Concurrency) from the downloadable version of  Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in
Java" at http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/. The threading models are
somewhat similar, so that will at least give you a grounding.

Yes, *another* plug for Bruce's book: but it's so well written, and useful
when you can download the thing for reference purposes. Hopefully he'll do a
"Thinking in D" as well, as adjunct to Matthew's book of course ...

- Kris

next sibling parent C <dont respond.com> writes:
[...]

     Thread foo=3Dnew Thread(&justaThread,null);

=
 get
 some understanding about this subject.
-- = D Newsgroup.
Apr 03 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
"Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
news:c4nhgh$ks9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 There's one or two examples over at www.dsource.org that you might find
 useful.

 Also, if you're just learning about threads you might check out chapter 13
 (Concurrency) from the downloadable version of  Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in
 Java" at http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/. The threading models are
 somewhat similar, so that will at least give you a grounding
I believe that using D's Threads are much better than Java. There are things you cant do with Java Threads that you can with D's. Phill. Java's. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.648 / Virus Database: 415 - Release Date: 3/31/2004
"Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
news:c4nhgh$ks9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Yes, *another* plug for Bruce's book: but it's so well written, and useful
 when you can download the thing for reference purposes. Hopefully he'll do
 "Thinking in D" as well, as adjunct to Matthew's book of course ...
Send Bruce some email letting him know you want him to do a D book!
Apr 03 2004
parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
I Surely will, Walter <g>

news:c4nqoq$12ci$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
 news:c4nhgh$ks9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Yes, *another* plug for Bruce's book: but it's so well written, and
useful
 when you can download the thing for reference purposes. Hopefully he'll
do
 "Thinking in D" as well, as adjunct to Matthew's book of course ...
Send Bruce some email letting him know you want him to do a D book!
Apr 03 2004
prev sibling parent "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Robert_M._M=FCnch?=" <robert.muench robertmuench.de> writes:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:22:43 +0000 (UTC), Mista <ouwezak softhome.net>
 Are there examples available on threads ?
Hi, have a look at http://www.robertmuench.de/notes/d there I have a simple example WRT threads. -- Robert M. Münch Management & IT Freelancer http://www.robertmuench.de
Apr 06 2004