digitalmars.D.announce - Need: New newsgroup digitalmars.D.gripe

reply Jack Thorpe <Jack_member pathlink.com> writes:
I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!

I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D and new D
software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on the
first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!

And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings everyday :)

Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this list be
just for annoucements of new D software releases?

Thank you, now flame away ;)

-- Jack
Mar 08 2006
next sibling parent Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Jack Thorpe wrote:
 I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!

 I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D and new
 software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on the
 first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!

 And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings everyday :)

 Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this list be
 just for annoucements of new D software releases?

 Thank you, now flame away ;)

 -- Jack

Why dont you just use http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html?
Mar 08 2006

prev sibling next sibling parent Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
Jack Thorpe wrote:
 I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!

 I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D and new
 software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on the
 first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!

 And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings everyday :)

 Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this list be
 just for annoucements of new D software releases?

 Thank you, now flame away ;)

 -- Jack

You can use an NG client that supports "threading", e.g. Thunderbird
Mar 08 2006
prev sibling parent reply Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
 I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!

 I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D and new
 software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on the
 first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!

 And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings everyday :)

 Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this list be
 just for annoucements of new D software releases?

 Thank you, now flame away ;)

 -- Jack
I too wish .announce was reserved for announcements and discussions moved to a more appropriate forum. There's always .D for generic arguments. :)
Mar 08 2006
next sibling parent reply "Ameer Armaly" <ameer_armaly hotmail.com> writes:
"Brad Roberts" <braddr puremagic.com> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0603081439070.30259 bellevue.puremagic.com...
 I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!

 I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D
 and new D
 software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on
 the
 first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!

 And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings
 everyday :)

 Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this
 list be
 just for annoucements of new D software releases?

 Thank you, now flame away ;)

 -- Jack
I too wish .announce was reserved for announcements and discussions moved to a more appropriate forum. There's always .D for generic arguments. :)
Perhaps people could start a new thread for each subject as opposed to commenting on the release announcements?
Mar 08 2006
parent Miles <_______ _______.____> writes:
Ameer Armaly wrote:
 Perhaps people could start a new thread for each subject as opposed to
 commenting on the release announcements?
Just post all announcements cross-posted to D, and with Followup-To only the D group.
Mar 08 2006
prev sibling parent reply Bruno Medeiros <daiphoenixNO SPAMlycos.com> writes:
Brad Roberts wrote:
 I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!

 I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D and new
 software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on the
 first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!

 And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings everyday :)

 Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this list be
 just for annoucements of new D software releases?

 Thank you, now flame away ;)

 -- Jack
I too wish .announce was reserved for announcements and discussions moved to a more appropriate forum. There's always .D for generic arguments. :)
If the discussion is closely related to the release, I'll probably keep it on .announce, but if it is more big, significant or general than that, yes, the best is to cross post to D (like Bools Reloaded), and then stop replying on .announce. Regardless, the original poster should get a better newsgroup client! -- Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?BrunoMedeiros#D
Mar 09 2006
next sibling parent "Ameer Armaly" <ameer_armaly hotmail.com> writes:
"Bruno Medeiros" <daiphoenixNO SPAMlycos.com> wrote in message
news:duph36$grg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Brad Roberts wrote:
[...]

What about just starting a brand new thread on .D; wouldn't that be a bit better suited for that group? Furthermore, replying to a new release announcement doesn't gain you that much in terms of quoting something; I'm pretty sure that anyone reading any of these groups keeps up with the releases. Opinions?
 Regardless, the original poster should get a better newsgroup client!

 --
 Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student
prev sibling parent reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
Some of us do not have the luxury of being able to use newsgroup clients at our
companies.  They are blocked.  Heck, they even blocked google groups. :-(

Bruno Medeiros says...

parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
jicman wrote:
 Some of us do not have the luxury of being able to use newsgroup clients at our
 companies.  They are blocked.  Heck, they even blocked google groups. :-(
They blocked Google Groups? I hope they realize that by trying to prevent you from wasting time they also blocked you from one of the most useful technical resources on the web. Sean
Mar 10 2006