digitalmars.D.announce - DMD 0.132 release

reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Sep 24 2005
next sibling parent Vathix <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:43:51 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshound digitalmars.com> wrote:

 Extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
DMD version number is goofed up all over the place. Skimming http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html again I noticed it says "See_Also: List of other symbols and URL's to related items." and uses "References:" in the code sample.
Sep 24 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Rod Haper <rhaper houston.rr.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Ummm ... 0.133 - right? The Change Log also says 0.132 but links to 0.133.
Sep 24 2005
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Rod Haper" <rhaper houston.rr.com> wrote in message
news:dh5184$13gv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Ummm ... 0.133 - right?
Yes. Fixed.
Sep 24 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent David L. Davis <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> writes:
In article <dh4s2l$vhb$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter Bright says...
Extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Walter, these are some really great improvements! <g> But I do have a couple of minor things I've found thus, far that are bugging me. Thanks for the work you've done so far! David L. ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!" ------------------------------------------------------------------- MKoD: http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_Main_XP.html
Sep 24 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
Can you please alter DMD to use both sc.ini file *and* a user defined .ini
file (maybe site_sc.ini) such that the definitions in the user file
override the ones in sc.ini. That way, whenever you distribute a new DMD
you won't wipe out my changes to sc.ini.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia
next sibling parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:18dquf8vcj3pn$.16w7fqn2hhp6o.dlg 40tude.net...
 Can you please alter DMD to use both sc.ini file *and* a user defined .ini
 file (maybe site_sc.ini) such that the definitions in the user file
 override the ones in sc.ini. That way, whenever you distribute a new DMD
 you won't wipe out my changes to sc.ini.
Mark yours as read-only, and it should survive.
Sep 24 2005
parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 "Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
 news:18dquf8vcj3pn$.16w7fqn2hhp6o.dlg 40tude.net...
 Can you please alter DMD to use both sc.ini file *and* a user defined .ini
 file (maybe site_sc.ini) such that the definitions in the user file
 override the ones in sc.ini. That way, whenever you distribute a new DMD
 you won't wipe out my changes to sc.ini.
Mark yours as read-only, and it should survive.
But then I don't get any new things that you might have created in DMD's sc.ini file. -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 25/09/2005 5:23:34 PM
Sep 25 2005
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:ltjlj9k2celp$.4bi3tevsw23m.dlg 40tude.net...
 "Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
 news:18dquf8vcj3pn$.16w7fqn2hhp6o.dlg 40tude.net...
 Can you please alter DMD to use both sc.ini file *and* a user defined
.ini
 file (maybe site_sc.ini) such that the definitions in the user file
 override the ones in sc.ini. That way, whenever you distribute a new
DMD
 you won't wipe out my changes to sc.ini.
Mark yours as read-only, and it should survive.
But then I don't get any new things that you might have created in DMD's sc.ini file.
I haven't changed that file in years <g>.
Sep 25 2005
prev sibling parent J C Calvarse <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
In article <18dquf8vcj3pn$.16w7fqn2hhp6o.dlg 40tude.net>, Derek Parnell says...
Can you please alter DMD to use both sc.ini file *and* a user defined .ini
file (maybe site_sc.ini) such that the definitions in the user file
override the ones in sc.ini. That way, whenever you distribute a new DMD
you won't wipe out my changes to sc.ini.
Or if sc.ini were renamed to sc.ini.sample, and it was up to the user set up the settings if they deviate from the default sc.ini entries. That might be another solution. I hate it when I set up a custom sc.ini, then it gets overwritten when installing a new version. I've started manually telling 7-zip (the zip program that I use) to not overwrite that file, but it'd be easier in sc.ini was the first entry in the archive. Once I get past sc.ini, I get to just click "Yes to all" (or whatever it is). jcc7
Sep 25 2005