www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Replying to Threads from Firefox on Windows 10

reply Ron Tarrant <rontarrant gmail.com> writes:
Strange thing...

Over the last few days, when replying to threads, the first time 
there's no issue. But if I then reply to a second post on the 
same thread and do so from Windows 10 Firefox, it gets stuck in 
validation. If I wait long enough, sometimes I'm told my message 
looks like spam and I'm told to solve one of those little Capcha 
thingies. But other times, validation just goes on and on and 
never breaks out.

But this only happens with Windows Firefox. On Linux, no problem.

I even tried it with Chrome on Windows. Same result.

Anyone else noticed this?
Mar 30
next sibling parent reply Mike Franklin <slavo5150 yahoo.com> writes:
On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:15:48 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:

 Anyone else noticed this?
Yes, I've encountered something like this as well. Windows 10, Firefox. Mike
Mar 30
parent Alex <sascha.orlov gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:28:00 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
 On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:15:48 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:

 Anyone else noticed this?
Yes, I've encountered something like this as well. Windows 10, Firefox. Mike
Something like this as well, on a Safari browser, on a mac.
Mar 30
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Rubn <where is.this> writes:
On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:15:48 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
 Strange thing...

 Over the last few days, when replying to threads, the first 
 time there's no issue. But if I then reply to a second post on 
 the same thread and do so from Windows 10 Firefox, it gets 
 stuck in validation. If I wait long enough, sometimes I'm told 
 my message looks like spam and I'm told to solve one of those 
 little Capcha thingies. But other times, validation just goes 
 on and on and never breaks out.

 But this only happens with Windows Firefox. On Linux, no 
 problem.

 I even tried it with Chrome on Windows. Same result.

 Anyone else noticed this?
Same thing Windows 10 Chrome. Got the error trying to post this: StopForumSpam error: Socket error: recv() error: Connection timed out. Please solve a CAPTCHA to continue.
Mar 30
next sibling parent Andre Pany <andre s-e-a-p.de> writes:
On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:40:11 UTC, Rubn wrote:
 On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:15:48 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
 [...]
Same thing Windows 10 Chrome. Got the error trying to post this: StopForumSpam error: Socket error: recv() error: Connection timed out. Please solve a CAPTCHA to continue.
Also for me it hangs on "connecting to server" (chrome android). This might be the reason why there are less messages created in the last days. Kind regards Andre
Mar 30
prev sibling parent Andre Pany <andre s-e-a-p.de> writes:
On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:40:11 UTC, Rubn wrote:
 On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:15:48 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
 [...]
Same thing Windows 10 Chrome. Got the error trying to post this: StopForumSpam error: Socket error: recv() error: Connection timed out. Please solve a CAPTCHA to continue.
Also for me it hangs on "connecting to server" (chrome android). This might be the reason why there are less messages created in the last days. Kind regards Andre
Mar 30
prev sibling parent matheus <m gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 30 March 2019 at 11:15:48 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
 ...Over the last few days, when replying to threads, the first 
 time there's no issue. But if I then reply to a second post on 
 the same thread and do so from Windows 10 Firefox, it gets 
 stuck in validation...
Chrome (I ashamed to say my OS) here and it was in the first reply. It keep refreshing "Connecting to server". So it was needed to return and try again. By the way it was needed to solve awful CAPTCHA questions. Matheus.
Mar 30