digitalmars.D - Minimal Template Library 1.0

reply Ben Hinkle <bhinkle4 juno.com> writes:
I've made some more updates to MinTL and expanded the documentation (I
didn't use the output of doxygen since it choked too often). It has settled
enough to warrent a 1.0 version. I put the code in the public domain so
do with it whatever you want. It is available at
 http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/mintl/

MinTL supports:
- containers: doubly linked list, sorted associative array (red-black tree),
associative arrays ordered by insertion order, circular array lists,
aliases for other containers

- semantics of containers follow the model of dynamic arrays and associative
arrays where possible. Most importantly slices of a container have the same
type as the original container. Memory usage and garbage generation is kept
to a minimum.

- polymorphic sequence of values or key-value pairs plus the ability to map
sequences by a delegate (ala Lisp/Python), find sub-sequences that satisfy
a condition and concatenate an arbitrary number of sequences. (function
literals are awesome for defining maps and conditions!)

- helper functions for builtin arrays to reserve space, reset associative
arrays, iterate backwards over the array and efficiently look up elements
in associative arrays
Aug 09 2004
parent reply "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
I would like to use SortedAA to create a set class, and as far as i
understand it
every object in AA is unique(there can not be two which are the same)
So what does my class that is a key to SortedAA have to provide and how
do these functions have to work to do this (and what are their prototypes?)
I suspect opCmp and opEquals?

"Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle4 juno.com> wrote in message
news:cf9av3$16ea$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Aug 17 2004
parent "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
Anything that can go into a builtin AA can go into a SortedAA since the
SortedAA uses the same TypeInfo mechanism that the builtin AAs use. In
particular the TypeInfo getHash(), compare(), equals() and swap() functions
are used. For keys that are class objects the class can either use the
default Object implementations of opCmp and opEquals or it can override
them. The signatures of the overriding functions should be
 uint toHash();
 int opCmp(Object o);
 int opEquals(Object o);

Note also the mintl.util module defines an alias for SortedSet:
template SortedSet(Key) {
 alias SortedAA!(Key,Key) SortedSet;
}
Add items to the set using "x[key]=key" and query using "x.opIn(key)". For
example
SortedSet!(int) x;
x[10] = 10;
assert( x.opIn(10) );
foreach( int val; x ) printf(" %d",val);

"Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> wrote in message
news:cftvdc$1hd4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Aug 18 2004