c++ - [Feature request / Improvement]: LIB could do with a -? option

reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:

Try:
    lib -h
Jun 21 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
ROTL

A goose am I.

:-)

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cb62ue$5o9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Try:
     lib -h
Note also the -h gives the URL for the documentation page on it. I suppose I
should patent that <g>, considering the recent spate of crazy patents.

"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
news:cb63gj$6jj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 ROTL

 A goose am I.

 :-)

 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:cb62ue$5o9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Try:
     lib -h
Jun 21 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
Maybe. :)

To be serious for a mo, I still think you should have double sentries on all
your
exes, such that -? also works, in addition to any that support -h. Sure, it's a
redundancy, but it's important to get the program to yield its help so one can
then see what the options are.

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cb64dd$7p1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Note also the -h gives the URL for the documentation page on it. I suppose I
 should patent that <g>, considering the recent spate of crazy patents.

 "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:cb63gj$6jj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 ROTL

 A goose am I.

 :-)

 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:cb62ue$5o9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Try:
     lib -h
"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
news:cb653v$9fj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Maybe. :)

 To be serious for a mo, I still think you should have double sentries on
all your
 exes, such that -? also works, in addition to any that support -h. Sure,
it's a
 redundancy, but it's important to get the program to yield its help so one
can
 then see what the options are.
That's a good idea.
Jun 21 2004