c++ - sc vs scppn

reply Michail V. Semijonovskich <Michail_member pathlink.com> writes:
What difference between sc and scppn ?
As I see, scppn only compiler (produce only *obj files), sc is linker+compiler.
But when executing sc it prints version not the same as prints scppn.
What should I use ? sc or scppn+rcc+link ?
"Michail V. Semijonovskich" <Michail_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b88tfk$1rre$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 What difference between sc and scppn ?
 As I see, scppn only compiler (produce only *obj files), sc is
linker+compiler.
 But when executing sc it prints version not the same as prints scppn.
 What should I use ? sc or scppn+rcc+link ?
All sc is is a driver program that runs scppn followed by the link. Use sc, as using scppn directly is not supported.
Apr 24 2003
parent reply Michail Semijonovskich <Michail_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <b89a04$24m6$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
All sc is is a driver program that runs scppn followed by the link. Use sc,
as using scppn directly is not supported.
Hmmm... Now I'm using following *.bat file scppn -L<....> -I<...> -WA -DNDEBUG %1 ..... rcc.... link ..... where is %1 etc. - *.bat parameters. But why while executing sc it prints v.8.29n ?
"Michail Semijonovskich" <Michail_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b8acbn$2qgj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 But why while executing sc it prints v.8.29n ?
Because I don't update any files unless needed. Patching them just to change the version number just opens the door for mistakes, bugs, etc. To get the correct version number of the system, look at the \dm\vXXX file.
Apr 24 2003