c++ - Destructor called without constructor in static function (old WDJ bug).

reply "KarL" <someone somewhere.org> writes:
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Source:
#include <iostream.h>
class foo {public:  static bar() { cout << "bar ";}  foo() {cout << =
"ctor ";}  ~foo() {cout << "dtor\n";}};
void main(){  foo().bar();}
Output
bar dtor
Destructor was called without calling the constructor. This was reported =
in
Windows Development Journal with comments by Ron Burk years ago and
now I think only DMC++ still has this bug.

GNU saying "bar" - perhaps the optimisation is too wonderful to be =
true...

VC++ and BCC32 says "ctor bar dtor" which object was created and =
destroyed.=20
Aug 06 2002
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Does Ron have a web page for this (i.e. are there other tests of =
interest?)?
  "KarL" <someone somewhere.org> wrote in message =
news:aiq9u1$m0r$1 digitaldaemon.com...
  Source:
#include <iostream.h>
class foo {public:  static bar() { cout << "bar ";}  foo() {cout << =
"ctor ";}  ~foo() {cout << "dtor\n";}};
void main(){  foo().bar();}
  Output
bar dtor
  Destructor was called without calling the constructor. This was =
reported in
  Windows Development Journal with comments by Ron Burk years ago and
  now I think only DMC++ still has this bug.

  GNU saying "bar" - perhaps the optimisation is too wonderful to be =
true...

  VC++ and BCC32 says "ctor bar dtor" which object was created and =
destroyed.=20
Aug 07 2002
parent "KarL" <someone somewhere.org> writes:
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Unfortunately Ron has left WDJ and WDJ is now called wd-mag and I =
stopped
my subscriptions because the journal is bad now.

The file date of the source sayd 4th December 1995 so the bug is really =
really old.

I'll try to dig the article out from my boxes from home and forward it =
you.

Cheers...
  Walter <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in message =
news:aise6g$24el$2 digitaldaemon.com...
  Does Ron have a web page for this (i.e. are there other tests of =
interest?)?
    "KarL" <someone somewhere.org> wrote in message =
news:aiq9u1$m0r$1 digitaldaemon.com...
    Source:
#include <iostream.h>
class foo {public:  static bar() { cout << "bar ";}  foo() {cout << =
"ctor ";}  ~foo() {cout << "dtor\n";}};
void main(){  foo().bar();}
    Output
bar dtor
    Destructor was called without calling the constructor. This was =
reported in
    Windows Development Journal with comments by Ron Burk years ago and
    now I think only DMC++ still has this bug.
    =20