D - Dynamic Loading & Reflection?

reply "news.digitalmars.com" <kencr shaw.ca> writes:
I am very interested in trying out D.  It seems to have everything I like
about Eiffel, but with C-style syntax.

Do you have any plans for adding dynamic class loading or reflection?

I see you can call DLLs and COM objects, but what I'm referring to is
Java-style dynamic loading.

I realize that this might affect your ability to make certain optimizations
(i.e., you'd have to use virtual function pointers for any dynamically
loaded class), but it's really convenient for making plug-in style
interfaces for programs.

Thanks,

Ken Carpenter
"news.digitalmars.com" <kencr shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:avtrfm$1pm2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I am very interested in trying out D.  It seems to have everything I like
 about Eiffel, but with C-style syntax.

 Do you have any plans for adding dynamic class loading or reflection?

 I see you can call DLLs and COM objects, but what I'm referring to is
 Java-style dynamic loading.

 I realize that this might affect your ability to make certain
optimizations
 (i.e., you'd have to use virtual function pointers for any dynamically
 loaded class), but it's really convenient for making plug-in style
 interfaces for programs.
It's possible in the future, but I'm not sure how it would be implemented.
Jan 24 2003