D - -Ipath (again)

reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
Walter,

Can't remember your reply last time this reared its head but ....
how do I get a dir onto the D search path;

I would like to have my source layed out like ...
i:/<some path>/bin    <- final dest
i:/<some path>/src    <- app source
i:/<some path>/src/mypackage    <- source for mypackage modules;
i:/<some path>/bin    <- final dest
i:/<some path>/obj    <- object file amde from things in ./src
i:/<some path>/obj/mypackage    <- object file amde from things in
./src/mymodule

I'm using the make that comes with mingw ('cos I'm used to its syntax).
and allows
obj/%.obj : src/%.d
 $(DMD) $(D_FLAGS) -o $  $<

(which is about the same as this with your make)
.d.obj :
    $(DMD) $(D_FLAGS) -o $  $**

but I can not get it to work :( also do you support the use of / instead of
\ for dir sep. ?

Mike.
Dec 12 2002
Not sure how to answer, what is going wrong? I've never used mingmake. DMD
should support / for path separators. -Walter

"Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
news:atba1n$sqv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Dec 14 2002