D - compiler includes problems

reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
I'm trying to build some of Pavel(evilone)'s SDL and openGL code, but I
can't seem to get the complier to see it to compile it.  Nothing works,
not -I on the command line, nor in sc.ini.  I tried copying the .d files
  into src/phobos, and the libs into dmd/lib, but that's a bad solution,
and doesn't entirely work in any case.  I realize that this is an idiot
question, but could someone please quickly walk me through the process
of building something that includes modules other than phobos?

Evan
Oct 07 2002
next sibling parent Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Evan McClanahan wrote:
 I'm trying to build some of Pavel(evilone)'s SDL and openGL code, but I
 can't seem to get the complier to see it to compile it.  Nothing works,
 not -I on the command line, nor in sc.ini.  I tried copying the .d files
  into src/phobos, and the libs into dmd/lib, but that's a bad solution,
 and doesn't entirely work in any case.  I realize that this is an idiot
 question, but could someone please quickly walk me through the process
 of building something that includes modules other than phobos?
Could someone please give me a hint here? Nothing is working for me. There's no documentation to read through. I don't know what DMD is expecting. I literally cannot say 'dmd testgl -Ic:\evan\DSDL moreflasg...' and get it to see the SDL.d file that's sitting at c:\evan\DSDL\SDL.d. I don't get it. I've tried all of the permutations that I can think of. Several syntaxes on the command line, and in sc.ini. Quoted and unquoted. the DM linker displays the same behavior. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm really really stuck on this. Evan
Oct 07 2002
Given a file hello.d, what happens when you type:

    dmd hello.d

Exactly what error message?

"Evan McClanahan" <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> wrote in message
news:ans3hn$rcg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm trying to build some of Pavel(evilone)'s SDL and openGL code, but I
 can't seem to get the complier to see it to compile it.  Nothing works,
 not -I on the command line, nor in sc.ini.  I tried copying the .d files
   into src/phobos, and the libs into dmd/lib, but that's a bad solution,
 and doesn't entirely work in any case.  I realize that this is an idiot
 question, but could someone please quickly walk me through the process
 of building something that includes modules other than phobos?

 Evan
Oct 12 2002
parent reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Given a file hello.d, what happens when you type:

     dmd hello.d

 Exactly what error message?
nothing, it that case. However, if hello.d has the line: import world; and world.d is in, say, the parent directory(here C:\abspath\dir\), there's no way, it seems to get all of the DMD versions that I've dled to see it. I tried all of the ways that I could think of: dmd hello.d Error: Error reading file 'world.d' dmd hello.d -I.. Error: Error reading file 'world.d' dmd hello.d -I..\ Error: Error reading file 'world.d' dmd hello.d -Ic:\abspath\ Error: Error reading file 'world.d' dmd hello.d -Ic:\\abspath Error: Error reading file 'world.d' dmd hello.d -I'c:\abspath' Error: Error reading file 'world.d' dmd hello.d -I"c:\abspath" Error: Error reading file 'world.d' etc. All of the permutations of the above that I could think of, and all of them tried in sc.ini as well. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but nothing seems to work, and projects larger than one or two files are more or less impossible. Evan
Oct 24 2002
Try removing the DFLAGS line from sc.ini. -Walter

"Evan McClanahan" <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> wrote in message
news:ap95go$5fo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
[...]

Oct 28 2002