D - SDL and OpenGL

reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Subjs updated. SDL fixed to work with the latest D beta. OpenGL
didn't change, in fact, I've just added glu.lib (the import
library for GLU) to the package.
May 27 2002
next sibling parent "anderson" <anderson firestar.com.au> writes:
That was quick ;)

"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:act1kf$2nn8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Has anyone already made an import library for GLU?  Pavel's for OpenGL32
 works, but is missing GLU symbols.

 testgl.obj(testgl)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _gluErrorString 4
 testgl.obj(testgl)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _gluBuild2DMipmaps 28

 I'm having a bitch of a time interfacing to OpenGL but it's mainly because
 there's no full windows.d and that I don't know how to build a new import
 library (and it's 3:30 am so I'll wait to find out how til tomorrow)

 Sean
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message news:actl3f$8nh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Subjs updated. SDL fixed to work with the latest D beta. OpenGL
 didn't change, in fact, I've just added glu.lib (the import
 library for GLU) to the package.
May 27 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
thanks sir!

Sean

"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:actl3f$8nh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Subjs updated. SDL fixed to work with the latest D beta. OpenGL
 didn't change, in fact, I've just added glu.lib (the import
 library for GLU) to the package.
May 27 2002
prev sibling parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
Doesn't work:

glu32.lib
 Error 43: Not a Valid Library File

Anyway when I don't even use glu (took out usage of those two functions) I
still can't get SC to generate a working program.

here's my shell script (nice shell script system, Walter... it seems at
first glance to be similar to MAKE!)

DMD=\dmd\bin\dmd
DFLAGS=-I\dmd\src\phobos
SC=\dmd\bin\sc

copy \dmd\lib\phobos.lib
copy \dmd\lib\snn.lib
copy \dmd\lib\opengl32.lib

copy \dmd\lib\user32.lib
copy \dmd\lib\gdi32.lib
copy \dmd\lib\kernel32.lib

$(DMD) -c testgl $(DFLAGS)
$(SC) -WD testgl.obj opengl32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib -L/map
testgl

and here's the output:

\dmd\bin\dmd -c testgl -I\dmd\src\phobos

\dmd\bin\sc -WD testgl.obj opengl32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib
gdi32.lib -L/map

link testgl,,,opengl32+kernel32+user32+gdi32,testgl/noi/map;

And afterwards there is no testgl.exe in the folder so the testgl command
fails.

Yes I'm spoiled by pretty IDE's.  ;)  I looked through the /? help for sc
and didn't see anything about target/output file.

Can anyone help?

After I'm done, I should have enough of User and GDI converted to do simple
GUI programming.  i.e. open a window, catch basic messages, initialize wgl.
But I'm not planning to do a thorough job.  I'll leave that to someone who
has more time and energy.  hehe

I think what I'm going to end up with will be essentially a D port of GLUT.
Something that simplifies all that tedious interfacing to the native
windowing subsystem.

next sibling parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
 here's my shell script (nice shell script system, Walter... it seems at
 first glance to be similar to MAKE!)
I know it's not the same topic, but these lines makes me think. I've never used a shell script (since I mainly code in VB) and that's probably why I don't like them. But it must have something, because if not, then there's no logical reason that everybody use it. So, instead of making a script, I've written a program in D that calls the compiler and compiles every file you specify. Since I don't know what to do with .obj and .map after compilation, it erases all the obj files and the map file. What I want to know is what approach is better and why.
May 27 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:acu39j$2f8o$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Doesn't work:

 glu32.lib
  Error 43: Not a Valid Library File
Grr.... I have so many libs I sometimes forget which one I should use... this one is probably COFF, while you need OMF. Oh well. I wonder if I have an OMF one. Walter seems to have all of them, on the other hand! (He gave me opengl32.lib seen in the archive)
May 27 2002
"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:acu39j$2f8o$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 \dmd\bin\sc -WD testgl.obj opengl32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib
 gdi32.lib -L/map

 link testgl,,,opengl32+kernel32+user32+gdi32,testgl/noi/map;

 And afterwards there is no testgl.exe in the folder so the testgl command
 fails.
The -WD means make a DLL, so look for a testgl.dll.
Jun 10 2002
parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer earthlink.net> writes:
Yeah I figured that out like 2 weeks ago.  ;)

Thanks!  Better late than never. hehe

news:ae2rj7$9ev$1 digitaldaemon.com...