D - Linux and std.intrinsic

reply Nye <Nye_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi,

Since I've seen that the intrinsic functions could "result in some surprising
speedups", I've been trying to replace some math functions with intrinsic ones
(like cos and sqrt).
However, at compile time dmd says that these functions do not exists and indeed,
intrinsic.d doesn't mention these at all.

First of all, did I forgot something obvious ? :)

Else, would these functions (cos and sqrt) be really faster than math's ones ?
And if yes, are you really sure I can't use them ? :)

Thanks.
"Nye" <Nye_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c6jukr$1gr3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Since I've seen that the intrinsic functions could "result in some
surprising
 speedups", I've been trying to replace some math functions with intrinsic
ones
 (like cos and sqrt).
Just use the std.math ones, and the compiler will make 'intrinsic' the ones that should be.
May 15 2004