D - experience with associative arrays?

reply "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
Has anyone had any strange and unexplainable experiences
using associative arrays in a little more complex ways:
like
FirstClass[SecondClass] name

I get code that doesn't behave the same in debug and release
mode, it allways crashes with acces exception but in different
places in these two modes.

Then another interesting thing: i have code with a foreach
in a foreach and in the inner foreach i do something with the
associative array and it causes acces violation but
if i add a simple printf("."); in the beginning of the inner foreach
everything works ok.

Maybe i have gone totally crazy (my head is going to explode
from this) but i can't see what am i doing wrong!

The code is too complex to post it here but i will try to
find a simpler strange-behaving scenario, i was just wondering
if simillar things happened to anyone else?
Apr 22 2004
parent reply "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
I tried and i tried but i couldn't recreate in a new project the problems
i was having. I tried
int[class]
class[class]
struct[class]
and it all worked great. I gues i was doing something else wrong.

After this little playing with associative arrays i like them even more!
If only they worked for structs :)

"Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> wrote in message
news:c698ic$d0b$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

news:c6bm4h$1en0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 After this little playing with associative arrays i like them even more!
The more I use them, the more I like them too!
 If only they worked for structs :)
They will if you write a Typeinfo for the particular struct.
Apr 23 2004
parent "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
news:c6c8e7$2dhl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> wrote in message
 news:c6bm4h$1en0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 After this little playing with associative arrays i like them even more!
The more I use them, the more I like them too!
 If only they worked for structs :)
They will if you write a Typeinfo for the particular struct.
I remember that someone said something about this, but how do i write a Typeinfo for a struct, what needs to be done?? Why isn't the approach the same as with classes (that you have to write opCmp, opEquals, toHash) that seams a lot simpler.
Apr 24 2004