D - Windows service sample

reply Gifford Hesketh <Gifford_member pathlink.com> writes:
I have not seen one, so I thought I would ask:  Are there samples in D of
implementing Windows services (with ServiceMain et al.) -- or, for that matter,
Linux daemons ?
Feb 10 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Not yet. That'd be good to do though. Are you offering?

:)

"Gifford Hesketh" <Gifford_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c0an69$133s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I have not seen one, so I thought I would ask:  Are there samples in D of
 implementing Windows services (with ServiceMain et al.) -- or, for that
matter,
 Linux daemons ?
Feb 10 2004
parent reply Gifford Hesketh <Gifford_member pathlink.com> writes:
I guess I will give it a whirl.

In article <c0bili$2fqe$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew says...
Not yet. That'd be good to do though. Are you offering?

:)

"Gifford Hesketh" <Gifford_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c0an69$133s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I have not seen one, so I thought I would ask:  Are there samples in D of
 implementing Windows services (with ServiceMain et al.) -- or, for that
matter,
 Linux daemons ?
Feb 10 2004
parent reply Gifford.Hesketh <Gifford.Hesketh_member pathlink.com> writes:
Help !

I have a problem porting this part of WinSvc.h:

<code>

//
// Function Prototype for the Service Main Function
//

typedef VOID (WINAPI *LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTIONW)(
DWORD   dwNumServicesArgs,
LPWSTR  *lpServiceArgVectors
);

typedef VOID (WINAPI *LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTIONA)(
DWORD   dwNumServicesArgs,
LPSTR   *lpServiceArgVectors
);

#ifdef UNICODE
#define LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTIONW
#else
#define LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTIONA
#endif //UNICODE

//
// Service Start Table
//

typedef struct _SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYA {
LPSTR                       lpServiceName;
LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTIONA    lpServiceProc;
}SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYA, *LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYA;
typedef struct _SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYW {
LPWSTR                      lpServiceName;
LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTIONW    lpServiceProc;
}SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYW, *LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYW;
#ifdef UNICODE
typedef SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYW SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY;
typedef LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYW LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY;
#else
typedef SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYA SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY;
typedef LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRYA LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY;
#endif // UNICODE

</code>

Getting rid of the ASCII/UNICODE distinction and converting to D would seem to
yield this (please excuse my white-space conventions):

<code>

export extern ( Windows )
{

void (* LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION)
(
uint dwNumServicesArgs,
char * * lpServiceArgVectors
);

struct SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY
{
char * lpServiceName;
LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION lpServiceProc;
}

alias SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY * LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY;

} // export

</code>

The problem is that the member of type LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION in the struct
SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY crashes dmd.  The rest of my winsvc.d is complete.

I saw that Pavel Minayev's windows.d has:

<code>
extern(Windows) alias void (*LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION)(DWORD);
</code>

but I do not think that is going to work for me.

Can anyone shed some light here ?

In article <c0c8qq$jhn$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Gifford Hesketh says...
I guess I will give it a whirl.

In article <c0bili$2fqe$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew says...
Not yet. That'd be good to do though. Are you offering?

:)

"Gifford Hesketh" <Gifford_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c0an69$133s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I have not seen one, so I thought I would ask:  Are there samples in D of
 implementing Windows services (with ServiceMain et al.) -- or, for that
matter,
 Linux daemons ?
Feb 11 2004
parent Gifford.Hesketh <Gifford.Hesketh_member pathlink.com> writes:
I guess this is what I need to do:

<code>

alias void (* LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION)
(
uint dwNumServicesArgs,
char * * lpServiceArgVectors
);

struct SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY
{
char * lpServiceName;
LPSERVICE_MAIN_FUNCTION lpServiceProc;
}

alias SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY * LPSERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY;

</code>

In article <c0e8bs$102b$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Gifford.Hesketh says...