D - [Bug]

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
In the winsamp.d file, CreateWindowEx is used to create the main window, and if
you change the dwStyle parameter from "WS_THICKFRAME | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX |
WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_SYSMENU | WS_VISIBLE" to just "WS_SYSMENU | WS_BORDER" the
window will be created without a border at all. I tried this in an equivalent C
program and the window is created properly with a border.

This bug is especially annoying for me because I want to create a window with a
border that is not resizable, and this bug happens in my own windows D programs
as well.
Jan 15 2004
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
Yeah, we probably need a whole new win32 headers for D.  This link
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA028375/contents/D_windows.h.html should
take you to a better one.   That might be the problem.  The ones in the
distribution were converted by hand and its possible a slipup occurred..

Sean

"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu6rpn$8jf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In the winsamp.d file, CreateWindowEx is used to create the main window,
and if
 you change the dwStyle parameter from "WS_THICKFRAME | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX |
 WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_SYSMENU | WS_VISIBLE" to just "WS_SYSMENU | WS_BORDER"
the
 window will be created without a border at all. I tried this in an
equivalent C
 program and the window is created properly with a border.

 This bug is especially annoying for me because I want to create a window
with a
 border that is not resizable, and this bug happens in my own windows D
programs
 as well.
Jan 15 2004
parent reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bu7tro$25lr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Sean L. Palmer says...
[...]

Im not sure that its the import files, because I even used the style parameter as a hex number literal from the .h files and it still wouldn't work. I reckon its a compiler issue. I cant wait for dmd 0.79!
Jan 16 2004
parent "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu87r8$2m91$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

What would make you suspect the compiler? Sean
Jan 16 2004