D - debugging

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
So the compiler can generate debugging information. How do we use it? Is there
some program available that supports D debugging info?
"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu5njn$1fk2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 So the compiler can generate debugging information. How do we use it? Is
there
 some program available that supports D debugging info?
Any debugger that uses standard debugging information. If using linux, you can use gdb. If using Windows, you can use, for example, Microsoft's windbg.exe program (which comes on the DMC++ CD).
Jan 18 2004
parent reply nobody no.where writes:
In article <buemru$13fd$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Any debugger that uses standard debugging information. If using linux, you
can use gdb. If using Windows, you can use, for example, Microsoft's
windbg.exe program (which comes on the DMC++ CD).
gdb seems not working, or I miss something? [d] dmd -v -g -debug hello.d parse hello semantic hello semantic2 hello semantic3 hello code hello generating code for function 'main' gcc hello.o -o hello -g -lphobos -lpthread -lm [d] ./hello a b c hello world args.length = 4 args[0] = './hello' args[1] = 'a' args[2] = 'b' args[3] = 'c' [d] which gdb /usr/bin/gdb [d] gdb hello GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3post-0.20021129.18rh) Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"... (gdb) b hello.d:5 No source file named hello.d. (gdb) b main Breakpoint 1 at 0x8049471 (gdb) run Starting program: /mnt/hdH/project/dmd/samples/d/hello [New Thread 16384 (LWP 1256)] [Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 1256)] Breakpoint 1, 0x08049471 in main () (gdb) step Single stepping until exit from function main, which has no line number information. hello world args.length = 1 args[0] = '/mnt/hdH/project/dmd/samples/d/hello' 0x400ac4ed in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6 (gdb) step Single stepping until exit from function __libc_start_main, which has no line number information. Program exited normally.
I'm no expert on gdb, but I am able to get it to work. I don't know why it
couldn't find hello.d for you, is it in your default directory?

<nobody no.where> wrote in message news:buf4h5$1q4u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <buemru$13fd$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Any debugger that uses standard debugging information. If using linux,
you
can use gdb. If using Windows, you can use, for example, Microsoft's
windbg.exe program (which comes on the DMC++ CD).
gdb seems not working, or I miss something? [d] dmd -v -g -debug hello.d parse hello semantic hello semantic2 hello semantic3 hello code hello generating code for function 'main' gcc hello.o -o hello -g -lphobos -lpthread -lm [d] ./hello a b c hello world args.length = 4 args[0] = './hello' args[1] = 'a' args[2] = 'b' args[3] = 'c' [d] which gdb /usr/bin/gdb [d] gdb hello GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3post-0.20021129.18rh) Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
are
conditions.
[...]

Jan 23 2004
next sibling parent nobody no.where writes:
In article <but689$a5d$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
I'm no expert on gdb, but I am able to get it to work. I don't know why it
couldn't find hello.d for you, is it in your default directory?
All the command is issued from the same dir: dmd/samples/d so it should be able to see hello.d Which version of gdb you're using? and which Linux distribution (RedHat 9.0)?
Jan 24 2004
prev sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
I'm trying to use gdb (with DDD frontend) and having the same
problem.
I can see all the GTK+ sources (C of course) but not
my D program (some DUI test).

Can some post the status of debuging on linux?
An entry on the wiki FAQ would be nice.

Ant

[...]

Apr 22 2004