D - Older version of dmd for DUI window users

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
Walter,
1
Can I send dmd 0.74 to a DUI windows user?

2
Can I make it available at the DUI yahoo group
until DUI for windows catch up with dmd development?

3
as I'm at it: can I include implib with the DUI
windows package? this one I guess not but there
is not harm in asking.

http://dui.sourceforge.net

Ant
Wouldn't it be easier to update dui?

"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu1rtq$184g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter,
 1
 Can I send dmd 0.74 to a DUI windows user?

 2
 Can I make it available at the DUI yahoo group
 until DUI for windows catch up with dmd development?

 3
 as I'm at it: can I include implib with the DUI
 windows package? this one I guess not but there
 is not harm in asking.

 http://dui.sourceforge.net

 Ant
Jan 14 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
(can you change the DUI link to http://dui.sourceforge.net ) Are you kidding me?! I don't like windows. Seems you guys didn't notice yet. That's why DUI windows version is always late. I don't even have a development environment set on windows. (I was hoping that someone would volunteer to maintain the windows DUI packaging but that never happened :( Any way, I'm finishing a new alpha version of leds, then I'll make the DUI windows package and then... I'll try to make leds run on windows. leds will be my IDE on windows. just a couple of days... ;) Ant leds - light editor for D http://leds.sourceforge.net DUI - D graphical User Interface http://dui.sourceforge.net
Jan 14 2004
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.01.15.04.37.53.952820 yahoo.ca...
 That's why DUI windows version is always late.
 I don't even have a development environment
 set on windows.

 (I was hoping that someone would volunteer to maintain
 the windows DUI packaging but that never happened :(

 Any way, I'm finishing a new alpha version of leds,
 then I'll make the DUI windows package
 and then... I'll try to make leds run on windows.
 leds will be my IDE on windows.

 just a couple of days... ;)

 Ant
 leds - light editor for D
 http://leds.sourceforge.net

 DUI - D graphical User Interface
 http://dui.sourceforge.net
Jan 15 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Lars Ivar Igesund" <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message

 (I was hoping that someone would volunteer to maintain
 the windows DUI packaging but that never happened :(
I was halfway to volunteering for this task, but I doubt that I can find the time. It's at least a month since last time I did D stuff. Anyway, I'm having a problem with implib (reported to Walter once upon time), where it seems to leave the __gtk_widget_get_accel_path symbol out of the created lib, making it impossible to link to it. Any thoughts? Lars Ivar Igesund
Jan 15 2004
parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bu5ko9$1au9$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Lars Ivar Igesund says...
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message

 (I was hoping that someone would volunteer to maintain
 the windows DUI packaging but that never happened :(
I was halfway to volunteering for this task, but I doubt that I can find the time. It's at least a month since last time I did D stuff. Anyway, I'm having a problem with implib (reported to Walter once upon time), where it seems to leave the __gtk_widget_get_accel_path symbol out of the created lib, making it impossible to link to it. Any thoughts?
all method names that start with "_" will confuse the linker. But I don't think those methods are suppose to be public (on GTK, as I remember) and at least for now they are not used by DUI so I just comment them out on the windows version. Walter, is there any known issue with methods starting with "_" ? Ant
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu61pu$1utb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

No. There are issues, though, with trying to connect "_symbol" with "symbol". The name mangling must match.
Jan 23 2004