D - Eclipse fun

reply Andy Friesen <andy ikagames.com> writes:
Since IDE releases are in style at the moment:

http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipseD-1.0.0.zip (source included)
http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipse.png (screenshot)

Nothing earth shattering, just an editor that mostly highlights code
right. (egads)  There's some issues with highlighting numbers, due to
the way the scanner classes work, but it's quite usable regardless.

Comments welcome, contributions moreso. :)

  -- andy
Oct 26 2003
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bnhdnr$25cq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Andy Friesen says...
Since IDE releases are in style at the moment:

http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipseD-1.0.0.zip (source included)
http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipse.png (screenshot)
I use eclipse Mon-Fri, 9-5 and It's the best IDE I ever used (I don't know about the new MS thing or Delphi or...). What did you do? can you tell us a bit more? Is there a future on it? How difficult is to create a new prespective on eclipse? I tried to use eclipse for D with the java and the C++ tools, but I ended up using jext. now leds has all the features I was using on jext. Ant
Oct 26 2003
parent Andy Friesen <andy ikagames.com> writes:
Ant wrote:

 In article <bnhdnr$25cq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Andy Friesen says...

Since IDE releases are in style at the moment:

http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipseD-1.0.0.zip (source included)
http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipse.png (screenshot)
I use eclipse Mon-Fri, 9-5 and It's the best IDE I ever used (I don't know about the new MS thing or Delphi or...). What did you do? can you tell us a bit more? Is there a future on it? How difficult is to create a new prespective on eclipse?
It's just a lil' ol' editor subclass that handles D source. (all of two days of coding)
 I tried to use eclipse for D with the java and the C++ tools,
 but I ended up using jext.
 now leds has all the features I was using on jext.

 Ant
I don't know anything about the perspective API yet. The editor isn't all that hard, really, though there doesn't seem to be much in the way of documentation. I'm just looking at the sample code that eclipse generates, and the python and pascal plugins. It's basically a rule-based parser. Define rules, and define how to format text that matches those rules. -- andy
Oct 26 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
Do you know how to setup Eclipse to recognize dmd as a tool? I was playing
with some variable names, but nothing worked.

-------------------------
Carlos Santander

"Andy Friesen" <andy ikagames.com> wrote in message
news:bnhdnr$25cq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Since IDE releases are in style at the moment:
|
| http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipseD-1.0.0.zip (source included)
| http://ikagames.com/andy/d/eclipse.png (screenshot)
|
| Nothing earth shattering, just an editor that mostly highlights code
| right. (egads)  There's some issues with highlighting numbers, due to
| the way the scanner classes work, but it's quite usable regardless.
|
| Comments welcome, contributions moreso. :)
|
|   -- andy

---

Oct 27 2003
Carlos Santander B. wrote:
 Do you know how to setup Eclipse to recognize dmd as a tool? I was playing
 with some variable names, but nothing worked.

 Carlos Santander
It seems to work for me. I just set the working directory to ${container_loc}, and put -c and ${resource_name} in the arguments field. Normally, I just use make to build things with D. (still) -- andy
Oct 27 2003