D - Dig And Win95

reply "Paul Houser" <paul crwash.org> writes:
When I run any program compiled through dig on my Win95B machine, I get an
error that says something about failing to register
USER32.DLL:TrackMouseEvent.

dig works fine on my Win98SE machine, what could be the problem?
May 13 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
IIRC, TrackMouseEvent was taken from the COMCTL32.dll function
_TrackMouseEvent sometime in the Win32 lifecycle around when Win98 was born.
Hence, it is not found in old systems.

If DIG wants to be truly portable, it should probably to a
LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress here, rather than implicitly linking

"Paul Houser" <paul crwash.org> wrote in message
news:b9r3jq$1lc9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 When I run any program compiled through dig on my Win95B machine, I get an
 error that says something about failing to register
 USER32.DLL:TrackMouseEvent.

 dig works fine on my Win98SE machine, what could be the problem?
May 21 2003