D - -release -unittest

reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
If you combine these options, you will compile in the unittests without
the almost inevitable asserts. So typically you won't catch many errors.

I think "-unittest" should enable the asserts in any case.

--
Helmut Leitner    leitner hls.via.at
Graz, Austria   www.hls-software.com
parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I think -release should disable the unittests (unless it is decided that
release contract enforcement is good), and -debug should enable them. There
should be a flag -nounittests, which is meaningful in debug mode, with the
obvious meaning.

In other words, unittests should be the default in debug, and not in release

news:3E9B944A.19C328A7 chello.at...