D - DIG build error (missing dig.lib?)

reply "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
After fixing the hardcoded paths in the sources, I still
have something wrong when trying to build the DIG examples:

--output--------------------
s:\dev\d\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe
cartoon,,,diggl.lib+opengl32.lib+user32+kernel32
/RC:digc_manifest.res/noi/exet:nt/su:windows;

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_vec3_distance_FS12digmath_vec3Zf
cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_mat4_transpose_FZS12digmath_mat4
cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined
_Ddigmath_mat4_rotate_FS12digmath_vec3ZS12digmath_vec3
cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_vec3_normalize_FZS12digmath_vec3
--output--------------------

Which is, sort of, no wonder, assuming the part below should
leave a dig.lib in s:\dev\d\dmd\lib. But it doesn't.

--output--------------------
Digital Mars Librarian Version 8.00n
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000-2002 All Rights Reserved www.digitalmars.com
Digital Mars Librarian complete.
Appending stripped import content to the library.
Installing files.
    dig.lib into s:\dev\d\dmd\lib
copy *.dll C:\WINDOWS\System32
libpng.dll
libz.dll
        2 file(s) copied.
--output--------------------

Any idea what I may be missing / screwing up?

Thanks,
Sab
Apr 03 2003
parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Luna Kid wrote:
 After fixing the hardcoded paths in the sources, I still
 have something wrong when trying to build the DIG examples:
Install DMD/DMC in the root directory. Allowing arbitrary install paths just makes a mess of straight-forward building. But what it sounds like is that you didn't modify "utils/libraryRegistrar.d".
Apr 03 2003
parent reply "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
Thanks, Burt, but I think I'll never install it in the
root directory (I may not even have write access there).
And I _have_ modified libraryRegistrar. I'll have a deeper
look then, but are these symbols:

 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_vec3_distance_FS12digmath_vec3Zf
cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_mat4_transpose_FZS12digmath_mat4
cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined
_Ddigmath_mat4_rotate_FS12digmath_vec3ZS12digmath_vec3
cartoon.obj(cartoon)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_vec3_normalize_FZS12digmath_vec3

indeed unresolved due to a missing dig.lib?

Thanks,
Sab

"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:b6itur$19bs$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Luna Kid wrote:
 After fixing the hardcoded paths in the sources, I still
 have something wrong when trying to build the DIG examples:
Install DMD/DMC in the root directory. Allowing arbitrary install paths just makes a mess of straight-forward building. But what it sounds like is that you didn't modify "utils/libraryRegistrar.d".
Apr 04 2003
parent "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
"Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> wrote in message
news:b6jqds$1tsg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Thanks, Burt, but I think I'll never install it in the
 root directory (I may not even have write access there).
 And I _have_ modified libraryRegistrar. I'll have a deeper
 look then, but are these symbols:

  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_vec3_distance_FS12digmath_vec3Zf
 cartoon.obj(cartoon)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_mat4_transpose_FZS12digmath_mat4
 cartoon.obj(cartoon)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
 _Ddigmath_mat4_rotate_FS12digmath_vec3ZS12digmath_vec3
 cartoon.obj(cartoon)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Ddigmath_vec3_normalize_FZS12digmath_vec3

 indeed unresolved due to a missing dig.lib?
Yes.
 Thanks,
 Sab
You are welcome. Sab