D - C header to D conversion (waiting for Demios? ;) )

reply "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
Mike, is there any news with your Demios project?

Alternatively, what is the current best practical
way to convert "living" (--> constant maintenance)
C headers to D for interfacing libraries?

Thanks,
Luna Kid
Apr 03 2003
parent reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
I've not done much on it for a while, I found that using regexp's was not
powerfull enough.
and the file I wanted to convert (directX headers) needed quite a bit of
manual intervention
C++ COM objects declare all the methods each time, D one don't
nested unions and structs where a pain.

someone else was working on a tool. I left the "transforms" online as they
are basically all you need to do.
30 mins of search and replace, a few extra align1's and a bit of
reformatting and your there.

I might find out why my last set of changes stopped it working (tried to fix
some problems with defines inside struct defs)
and put the src online.

"Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> wrote in message
news:b6ik4r$123v$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Mike, is there any news with your Demios project?

 Alternatively, what is the current best practical
 way to convert "living" (--> constant maintenance)
 C headers to D for interfacing libraries?

 Thanks,
 Luna Kid
Apr 03 2003
parent Ilya Minkov <midiclub tiscali.de> writes:
Mike Wynn wrote:
[snip]
 someone else was working on a tool. ...
That "someone else" promised to be me. I haven't had time. And i'm very tired. So i haven't even actually begun. However, if someone were to help me, then i would gladly help him. [guess i need more motivation] :> Anyone willing to help or be helped can contact me on email. -i.
Apr 07 2003