D - Initial OS?

reply "Ben Briggs" <briggs softhome.net> writes:
Greetings,

I am very impressed by the spec that is posted about D. Unfortunately, it
seems that Windows will be the initial target OS (judging by your other
compilers). I, being a Linux user, would really like to see a version that I
can use in the environment I feel most comfortable in. Is Windows the
initial target OS? If so, is Linux on the schedule?

Thanks,
Ben
Aug 30 2001
Yes, windows is the initial target. If it works on there, then linux will be
next. -Walter

news:9mm229$1m9u$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Jonathan Cano <jonathan_95060 yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 Yes, windows is the initial target. If it works on there, then linux will be
 next. -Walter
Hi Walter, D looks like a really cool idea! I myself have often mused how I would change C and C++ if I could redesign them from scratch. D looks like a big step forward, I hope it takes off. BTW, I'm another linux user that would love to see D available for that platform. I do all my real work on Solaris and Linux. Regards, --Jonathan
 "Ben Briggs" <briggs softhome.net> wrote in message
 news:9mm229$1m9u$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Greetings,

I am very impressed by the spec that is posted about D. Unfortunately, it
seems that Windows will be the initial target OS (judging by your other
compilers). I, being a Linux user, would really like to see a version that
can use in the environment I feel most comfortable in. Is Windows the
initial target OS? If so, is Linux on the schedule?

Thanks,
Ben
May 03 2002
"Jonathan Cano" <jonathan_95060 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3CD2C17C.5010309 yahoo.com...
 BTW, I'm another linux user that would love to see D available for that
 platform.  I do all my real work on Solaris and Linux.
Any gcc experts want to take a swing at it?
May 03 2002