D - ADMIN?

reply Paul Stanton <Paul_member pathlink.com> writes:
To the admin for this list...
Maybe it's time we categoriesed it? I kind of feel this isnt the right place to
be posting newbie questions - more of a compiler architecture discussion?
Jan 31 2003
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Paul Stanton" <Paul_member pathlink.com> escribiσ en el mensaje
news:b1epmu$175m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| To the admin for this list...
| Maybe it's time we categoriesed it? I kind of feel this isnt the right
place to
| be posting newbie questions - more of a compiler architecture discussion?

Not trying to flame or anything, but how do you identify "newbie" questions?
What's newbie for you may not be for someone else. What's newbie for me may
not be for you. Maybe for you it's newbie asking "how do I build a DLL in
D?", but for some it may not be.
Besides, think about this: newbies can learn from experienced, and
experienced can open their minds. How? Well... Some newbie can ask a really
odd question, and thus make someone investigate in order to answer it. Both
will learn eventually.
But that's just me.

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/

---
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:b1f9tb$1h19$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Not trying to flame or anything, but how do you identify "newbie"
questions? We're all newbies with D!
Feb 01 2003
parent reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Walter wrote:
 "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
 news:b1f9tb$1h19$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Not trying to flame or anything, but how do you identify "newbie"
questions? We're all newbies with D!
Well, i can distinguish following discussion directions: - current state of D compilers, bugs, "how-to", and so on, "specific stuff"; - computer-science related things and blurp in respect to the future of D compilers and language, "general stuff".
Feb 01 2003
parent "Christopher J. Sequeira" <csequeir __mit.edu> writes:
That sounds good.  Something along the lines of "feature-request",
"bug-reports", etc.

Ilya Minkov wrote:

 Well, i can distinguish following discussion directions:
  - current state of D compilers, bugs, "how-to", and so on, "specific
 stuff";
  - computer-science related things and blurp in respect to the future of
 D compilers and language, "general stuff".

-- Christopher J. Sequeira '05 csequeir __mit.edu (remove hyphens for email)
Feb 01 2003
prev sibling parent reply Paul Stanton <Paul_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <b1f9tb$1h19$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Carlos Santander B. says...
Not trying to flame or anything...
i was referring to my newbie questions. i am not from a c/c++ background, and seem to be posting the most basic questions on this board, so was just wondering if there was a better place. -apparently not yet
Feb 03 2003
parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Paul Stanton" <Paul_member pathlink.com> escribiσ en el mensaje
news:b1m44b$2pne$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| i was referring to my newbie questions. i am not from a c/c++ background,
and
| seem to be posting the most basic questions on this board, so was just
wondering
| if there was a better place. -apparently not yet

Ok, then the two of us could have a little contest to see who is more
newbie. ;-) What do you say? :-D
(j/k)

Carlos Santander

---