c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - help me

↑ ↓ ← tom <tom_member pathlink.com> writes:
I just downloaded the compiler and stuck it on my f:\ drive, but whenever I try
to use it it says:
Fatal error: unable to open input file 'hello'
---errorlevel 1

my source code is saved as hello.cpp and looks like:
#include <iostream.h>

int main()
{
cout << "Hello world\n";
return(0);
}

I type in:
\dm\bin\dmc hello
and it gives me the error.  Can anyone help me???
Oct 09 2003
"tom" <tom_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bm56nh$1svl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just downloaded the compiler and stuck it on my f:\ drive, but whenever I try
 to use it it says:
 Fatal error: unable to open input file 'hello'
 ---errorlevel 1

 my source code is saved as hello.cpp and looks like:
 #include <iostream.h>

 int main()
 {
 cout << "Hello world\n";
 return(0);
 }

 I type in:
 \dm\bin\dmc hello

Try : $ sc hello.cpp -I\dm\stlport\stlport
 and it gives me the error.  Can anyone help me???

-- -- ========================== Alex Vinokur mailto:alexvn connect.to news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.c++.perfometer ==========================
Oct 09 2003
"tom" <tom_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bm56nh$1svl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just downloaded the compiler and stuck it on my f:\ drive, but whenever

 to use it it says:
 Fatal error: unable to open input file 'hello'
 ---errorlevel 1

 my source code is saved as hello.cpp and looks like:
 #include <iostream.h>

 int main()
 {
 cout << "Hello world\n";
 return(0);
 }

 I type in:
 \dm\bin\dmc hello
 and it gives me the error.  Can anyone help me???

Looks like hello.cpp is not in your current directory.
Oct 09 2003
"tom" <tom_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bm56nh$1svl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just downloaded the compiler and stuck it on my f:\ drive, but whenever

 to use it it says:
 Fatal error: unable to open input file 'hello'
 ---errorlevel 1

 my source code is saved as hello.cpp and looks like:
 #include <iostream.h>

 int main()
 {
 cout << "Hello world\n";
 return(0);
 }

 I type in:
 \dm\bin\dmc hello
 and it gives me the error.  Can anyone help me???

Nov 18 2003