digitalmars.D.learn - anyone knows how to print __FUNCTION__ in D? and __LINE__

reply davidl <davidl 126.com> writes:
in c we can print __FUNCTION__ __LINE__ to indicate where we are. in D how
to do, couldn't find.....
--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Aug 14 2006
next sibling parent reply Oskar Linde <oskar.lindeREM OVEgmail.com> writes:
davidl wrote:

 in c we can print __FUNCTION__ __LINE__ to indicate where we are. in D
 how to do, couldn't find.....
 --使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/
__LINE__ works in D too. I'm not sure if __FUNCTION__ has much use in D, as D lacks macros that could make use of it. (Evaluate it at the place of macro expansion). /Oskar
Aug 14 2006
parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Oskar Linde" <oskar.lindeREM OVEgmail.com> wrote in message
news:ebpvni$2l64$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 __LINE__ works in D too. I'm not sure if __FUNCTION__ has much use in D,
 as D lacks macros that could make use of it. (Evaluate it at the place of
 macro expansion).
In addition, you can find the list of all supported special tokens at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/lex.html#specialtokens.
Aug 14 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent BCS <BCS pathlink.com> writes:
davidl wrote:

 in c we can print __FUNCTION__ __LINE__ to indicate where we are. in D
 how  to do, couldn't find.....
I use: __FILE__":"~itoa!(__LINE__) writef(...) // at run time pragma(msg, ...)// at compile time Not quite as useful but close. BTW it requiters the itoa template that can be found about half way down this page: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/templates-revisited.html
Aug 14 2006
prev sibling parent reply renoX <renosky free.fr> writes:
BCS Wrote:
 davidl wrote:

 in c we can print __FUNCTION__ __LINE__ to indicate where we are. in D
 how  to do, couldn't find.....
I use: __FILE__":"~itoa!(__LINE__) writef(...) // at run time pragma(msg, ...)// at compile time Not quite as useful but close.
I disagree about the 'close' part: in C, you wrap __FILE__ or __LINE__ in a macro, so you have the value of the call site, in D if you put them in a default argument or in a template you have the current value, not the call site which is nearly useless.. So let's not beat around the bush, this is an area where (AFAIK) C is superior to D.. renoX
Feb 23 2007
parent Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup billbaxter.com> writes:
renoX wrote:
 BCS Wrote:
 davidl wrote:
 in c we can print __FUNCTION__ __LINE__ to indicate where we are. in D
 how  to do, couldn't find.....
I use: __FILE__":"~itoa!(__LINE__) writef(...) // at run time pragma(msg, ...)// at compile time Not quite as useful but close.
I disagree about the 'close' part: in C, you wrap __FILE__ or __LINE__ in a macro, so you have the value of the call site, in D if you put them in a default argument or in a template you have the current value, not the call site which is nearly useless.. So let's not beat around the bush, this is an area where (AFAIK) C is superior to D.. renoX
You can use a mixin statement + new compile-time functions so that this syntax is possible: mixin( Pr("Error!") ); Pr is a char[]function(char[]) that returns a string like: `writefln("%s(%s): %s", __FILE__, __LINE__, msg);` But of course in C you could define your macro so that you can say just Pr("Error!"), without needing the extra mixin( ... ) part. I think something. Then you could have $Pr("Error"); --bb
Feb 23 2007