digitalmars.D.learn - DDOC macros

reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
Has anyone worked out how (if at all possible) to define a macro inside a
'Ddoc' file?

(A Ddoc file is a file whose first line is ...

Ddoc

and has a ".d" extension. Is is used to only generate documentation and
doesn't carry any compilable code.
)

The documentation seems to be saying that you can define macros in such a
file but all my attempts so far have been in vain.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)
parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 Has anyone worked out how (if at all possible) to define a macro inside a
 'Ddoc' file?
How embarrassing ... I just managed to work it out. All I had to do was read the documentation again (carefully). It seems that any macros in a Ddoc file must appear at the *end* of the file because as soon as a Macros section is found, documentation generation stops. Example: ============ $(SECTION Macros in DDoc files, The $(TYPE) section must appear at the end of the file. ) Macros: TYPE = Macros SECTION = <h2>$1</h2> <p class="section">$+</p> ============== This will generate ... <h2>Macros in DDoc files</h2> <p class="section">The Macros section must appear at the end of the file.</p> The usefulness of this is that you can use it to override macros defined in a ".ddoc" file on the command line. -- Derek (skype: derek.j.parnell) Melbourne, Australia "Down with mediocracy!" 10/03/2006 10:44:54 AM
Mar 09 2006
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:1eipgjd3i8ryn$.12ki60dxxvx9c.dlg 40tude.net...
I just managed to work it out. All I had to do was
 read the documentation again (carefully). It seems that any macros in a
 Ddoc file must appear at the *end* of the file because as soon as a Macros
 section is found, documentation generation stops.
It had better work <g>. I use ddoc for all the new web pages I create now. It's sooo much easier than doing them by hand.
Mar 09 2006