digitalmars.D.learn - Output from program run via "system()"

reply John Demme <me teqdruid.com> writes:
Hey guys,

        I'm a Linux guy, but I was recently asked to do a small app in Windows.
I'm hoping if won't be so bad since I'm going to use D and Mango.

        One of the things this app needs to do is run an exe and grab it's
standard
output.  So, what's the easiest way to do this in Windows (and D)?

Thanks,
        John Demme
Feb 16 2006
parent reply "Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
         I'm a Linux guy, but I was recently asked to do a small app in
 Windows.
 I'm hoping if won't be so bad since I'm going to use D and Mango.

         One of the things this app needs to do is run an exe and grab
 it's standard
 output.  So, what's the easiest way to do this in Windows (and D)?
You could try this. Regan
Feb 16 2006
next sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Unfortunately this is ridiculously complex on win32.  Although Regan's class
looks pretty sweet .

Charlie

"Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> wrote in message
news:ops4297eh023k2f5 nrage.netwin.co.nz...
         I'm a Linux guy, but I was recently asked to do a small app in
 Windows.
 I'm hoping if won't be so bad since I'm going to use D and Mango.

         One of the things this app needs to do is run an exe and grab
 it's standard
 output.  So, what's the easiest way to do this in Windows (and D)?
You could try this. Regan
Feb 17 2006
prev sibling parent John Demme <me teqdruid.com> writes:
Regan Heath wrote:

         I'm a Linux guy, but I was recently asked to do a small app in
 Windows.
 I'm hoping if won't be so bad since I'm going to use D and Mango.

         One of the things this app needs to do is run an exe and grab
 it's standard
 output.  So, what's the easiest way to do this in Windows (and D)?
You could try this. Regan
Looks like it'll do the trick. Thanks, Regan. ~John Demme
Feb 17 2006