digitalmars.D.learn - combination attributes of both protected and package

reply Shawn Liu <Shawn_member pathlink.com> writes:
Is there a way to provide a combination attributes of both protected and
package?
Need access to derived classes and other modules in the same package. When
declare as "package protected", the former is just ignored.

I searched the NG and saw some trace, but there seem no conclusion yet.
Nov 18 2005
parent "John C" <johnch_atms hotmail.com> writes:
"Shawn Liu" <Shawn_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dlk5sm$nmi$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Is there a way to provide a combination attributes of both protected and
 package?
 Need access to derived classes and other modules in the same package. When
 declare as "package protected", the former is just ignored.
I needed this too, but for a different reason: to allow virtual behaviour on internal (package) class methods. But D doesn't support it. Combining certain protection attributes would be nice to have. Protection seems to be a work in progress anyway.