digitalmars.D.learn - Error: Stream is not seekable ERROR with v .129

reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
Greetings!

So, as a great adventurer that I am, I downloaded .129 and installed it.  When I
compiled my working code with .129, I find this new error:

Error: Stream is not seekable

what does this mean?  And where is the spot that I need to look at?  It would be
nice if there was some line included with the errors.  I know that Walter added
some new Stream libraries, so that's probably where the problem is.  Should old
programs work with new compilers?

thanks,

josé
Aug 08 2005
parent reply "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dd84gt$2tud$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Greetings!

 So, as a great adventurer that I am, I downloaded .129 and installed it.
 When I
 compiled my working code with .129, I find this new error:

 Error: Stream is not seekable

 what does this mean?  And where is the spot that I need to look at?  It
 would be
 nice if there was some line included with the errors.  I know that Walter
 added
 some new Stream libraries, so that's probably where the problem is.
 Should old
 programs work with new compilers?

 thanks,

 josé
example code, please. What was the last version of dmd that the code worked with? The 129 release shouldn't have impacted stream seeking.
Aug 08 2005
parent reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
Ben Hinkle says...
[...]

Ben, I use cygwin to rsync my code files to a Linux server. Somehow, this AM, when I did an rsync to get the data back from the linux server, I must have brought some damaged libraries or something. Don't ask me how. However, after compiling the code, I would still get the [some program output deleted] Error: Stream is not seekable and it was caused, supposedly, by this subroutine, char[] ReadTextFileIntoVar(char[] fn) { File f = new File(); char[] l; f.open(fn); while(!f.eof()) { l ~= f.readLine() ~ "\n"; } f.close(); return l; } which, now, after I deleted all object files and libraries, but the source files, and recompiled with .129, everything is back to normal. My mistake. Perhaps, some rsync bogus synchronization problem. Sorry about that. jic
Aug 08 2005
parent "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
 which, now, after I deleted all object files and libraries, but the source
 files, and recompiled with .129, everything is back to normal.  My
 mistake.
 Perhaps, some rsync bogus synchronization problem.  Sorry about that.
whew. no problem.
Aug 08 2005