www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.ide - Dexed plugin

reply User <user user.com> writes:
Does Dexed have plugin interface (Load custum feautures with DLL)
Feb 25
parent reply Basile B. <b2.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 04:57:22 UTC, User wrote:
 Does Dexed have plugin interface (Load custum feautures with 
 DLL)
No. It used to have a very simple one at the beginning, so in 2014, but was quickly removed. The signals system and subjects/observers defined in the IDE interfaces are actually very simple so you could not do much anyway. To be concrete the plugin API would expose that: https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/blob/master/src/u_interfaces.pas
Feb 26
parent reply User <user user.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 14:36:03 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
 On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 04:57:22 UTC, User wrote:
 Does Dexed have plugin interface (Load custum feautures with 
 DLL)
No. It used to have a very simple one at the beginning, so in 2014, but was quickly removed. The signals system and subjects/observers defined in the IDE interfaces are actually very simple so you could not do much anyway. To be concrete the plugin API would expose that: https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/blob/master/src/u_interfaces.pas
Yeah thanks ... I wish we could make Dexed minimal core and we implement custom functionality through plugins DLLS with extern(C) interfaces.
Feb 26
parent Basile B. <b2.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Thursday, 27 February 2020 at 02:19:47 UTC, User wrote:
 On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 14:36:03 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
 On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 04:57:22 UTC, User wrote:
 Does Dexed have plugin interface (Load custum feautures with 
 DLL)
No. It used to have a very simple one at the beginning, so in 2014, but was quickly removed. The signals system and subjects/observers defined in the IDE interfaces are actually very simple so you could not do much anyway. To be concrete the plugin API would expose that: https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/blob/master/src/u_interfaces.pas
Yeah thanks ... I wish we could make Dexed minimal core and we implement custom functionality through plugins DLLS with extern(C) interfaces.
That was exactly that but very "shitty". For reference : https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/blob/9866d5fd49293f8247a93b26060981d02db06c78/src/ce_plugin.pas
Feb 26