digitalmars.D.announce - SDWest

reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
fun.
Mar 13 2006
next sibling parent Don Clugston <dac nospam.com.au> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
 fun.
Wish I could be there. The reactions are going to be interesting... <g>
Mar 14 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> writes:
Walter,

Will your "90-minute class" be available online?
Good luck!

L.

news:dv5s5k$2aa3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling next sibling parent reply Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
 fun.

What happened to the last SDWest presentation that was supposed to go on the website?
Mar 14 2006
parent reply J C Calvarese <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
In article <dv5vf0$2een$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...
Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
 fun.

What happened to the last SDWest presentation that was supposed to go on the website?
This might be what you're looking for: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/ It has this at the bottom of the table of contents: "Copyright (c) 2004 by Walter Bright" jcc7
Mar 14 2006
next sibling parent reply "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> writes:
 This might be what you're looking for:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/

 It has this at the bottom of the table of contents:
 "Copyright (c) 2004 by Walter Bright"
I don't think that's it, since Walter's 2006 presentation is supposed to be about templates, whereas the presentation at that link is describing all of D. L.
Mar 14 2006
 Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
 fun.
What happened to the last SDWest presentation that was supposed to go on the website?
This might be what you're looking for: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/
I think he means the Northwest C++ presentation. Only the abstract is here: http://www.nwcpp.org/Meetings/2005/11.html
Mar 14 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
 fun.

Good luck! Do us proud! :-D
Mar 14 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dv5s5k$2aa3$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter Bright says...
I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
fun.
Best of luck Walter, I hope things go well. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Mar 14 2006
prev sibling parent reply Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought to be
 fun.
Good luck :-) I'll likely be there as well. Sean
Mar 14 2006
Sean Kelly wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought
 to be fun.
Good luck :-) I'll likely be there as well.
Argh. It turns out my pass doesn't extend to the Friday classes, so I may not be attending the presentation after all. But perhaps I can sort something out :-p Sean
Mar 16 2006
parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dvci4q$1ldq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Sean Kelly says...
Sean Kelly wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought
 to be fun.
Good luck :-) I'll likely be there as well.
Argh. It turns out my pass doesn't extend to the Friday classes, so I may not be attending the presentation after all. But perhaps I can sort something out :-p Sean
Maybe Walter's already there? If you can track him down, maybe he can get you in as a guest or assistant of some sort for Friday? The man's been at this for over two decades... he's gotta have some kind of pull at these things. ;) - EricAnderton at yahoo
Mar 16 2006
 Sean Kelly wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 I'm off to SDWest to give a presentation on templates in D. It ought
 to be fun.
Good luck :-) I'll likely be there as well.
Argh. It turns out my pass doesn't extend to the Friday classes, so I may not be attending the presentation after all. But perhaps I can sort something out :-p
Maybe Walter's already there? If you can track him down, maybe he can get you in as a guest or assistant of some sort for Friday? The man's been at this for over two decades... he's gotta have some kind of pull at these things. ;)
The security is pretty tight there. At one point they actually blocked Herb Sutter from entering the lecture hall because he wasn't wearing a badge, and he was the one giving the talk! But it worked out for the best. I had family flying in around the same time and missing the talk allowed me to meet them. Ah well, perhaps next time :-) Sean
Mar 18 2006
parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Sean Kelly" <sean f4.ca> wrote in message
news:dvha6c$2nf0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 The security is pretty tight there.  At one point they actually blocked
 Herb Sutter from entering the lecture hall because he wasn't wearing a
 badge, and he was the one giving the talk!  But it worked out for the
 best.  I had family flying in around the same time and missing the talk
 allowed me to meet them.  Ah well, perhaps next time :-)
I was there Tuesday through Friday. I wandered around a lot, so I wouldn't doubt we unwittingly walked right by each other a few times. I was the nerdly-looking guy. <g>
Mar 18 2006
parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 "Sean Kelly" <sean f4.ca> wrote in message
 news:dvha6c$2nf0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 The security is pretty tight there.  At one point they actually blocked
 Herb Sutter from entering the lecture hall because he wasn't wearing a
 badge, and he was the one giving the talk!  But it worked out for the
 best.  I had family flying in around the same time and missing the talk
 allowed me to meet them.  Ah well, perhaps next time :-)
I was there Tuesday through Friday. I wandered around a lot, so I wouldn't doubt we unwittingly walked right by each other a few times. I was the nerdly-looking guy. <g>
haha, same here ;-) Sean
Mar 18 2006