digitalmars.D.announce - DWT windows version 0.3 update 2 (v0.32)

reply "Shawn Liu" <shawn666.liu gmail.com> writes:
DWT is a port of the SWT (Standard Widget Toolkit) GUI Library from Java to
D language.
Most DWT APIs is SWT compliant.  (Eclisep/SWT 3.02 port)

http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/dwt-win32.rar

http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1081

version 0.32 :
1) Change the name of modules and libraries to dwt to distinguish from
Eclipse/SWT.
2) DWT API use char[] instead of String now. This helps DWT to interact with
other D project smoothly since many other D projects using char[] as String.
3) Win32 struct and API prototype rewritten. All declarations are consistent
with MSDN as well as std.c.windows.windows.
4) OLE_COM partially works.Discard SWT's mechanism such as Callback and
VtblCall. Part of DFC's COM library header file imported and implemented
OLE_COM in D way.
Web browser, Excel Viewer and PDF viewer examples are given though with bugs
and feature missing.
5) zwang's contribution to DWT is added: "sort indicator in the TableColumn
widget".
See the sortindicator example. Thanks to zwang!
6) DWT Extra Library established.
dwtextra library will include some useful stuff which is not included in
Eclipse/SWT official package. Currently I ported Scintilla
(http://www.scintilla.org/) to DWT as the first component.
Directory is \dwt\extra. When use extra lib, "import dwt.extra.all", and
link to dwtextra.lib.

volunteers are welcome to write customized component for DWT.
See "Creating Your Own Widgets using SWT"
http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget/Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget.htm

some screenshots and bin example:
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/examples/
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/examples/scintilla.png
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/examples/scintilla_test.exe
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/examples/Traytest.exe
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/examples/BrowserExample.exe
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/examples/sortindicator.exe

- Shawn Liu
Nov 16 2005
next sibling parent reply zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Thanks for all your late night work!
Nov 16 2005
parent Shawn Liu <Shawn_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dlgulh$rsp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, zwang says...
Thanks for all your late night work!
When I sit down beside the computer, time elapses faster. :)
Nov 17 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Klaus Oberhofer <oberhofer users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Wow...

regarding the scintilla component you have read my mind :-).
I will give it a try.
Greets

Klaus

BTW: Is it also planned to port JFace ?
Nov 17 2005
parent "Shawn Liu" <shawn666.liu gmail.com> writes:
"Klaus Oberhofer" <oberhofer users.sourceforge.net> write
:Xns9711AD258E0E0C3DEE85C66A248c79606 63.105.9.61...
 Wow...

 regarding the scintilla component you have read my mind :-).
 I will give it a try.
 Greets

 Klaus

 BTW: Is it also planned to port JFace ?
JFace maybe in the future. If I remember clearly, the JFace is a platform independent implementation based on SWT. If the DWT-GTK version can be brought out, the port of JFace has more signification.
Nov 19 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent Dave <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dlftus$203c$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Shawn Liu says...
DWT is a port of the SWT (Standard Widget Toolkit) GUI Library from Java to
D language.
Most DWT APIs is SWT compliant.  (Eclisep/SWT 3.02 port)

http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/dwt-win32.rar

http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1081
This is phenomenal! Thanks to all for all of your work on this! (BTW - I'm posting this via the DWT Web Browser example) - Dave
[...]

Nov 22 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Yea awesome work, looks great!

Charlie

news:dlftus$203c$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent John Reimer <terminal.node gmail.com> writes:
Shawn Liu wrote:
 DWT is a port of the SWT (Standard Widget Toolkit) GUI Library from Java to
 D language.
 Most DWT APIs is SWT compliant.  (Eclisep/SWT 3.02 port)

As usual, great job, Shawn! And congratulations! -JJR
Nov 22 2005