digitalmars.D.announce - DMD 0.135 release (Ddoc update)

reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Another extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

This one adds color syntax highlighting of D code, and the ability to
process any document, not just D modules. A big chunk of the D documentation
was converted to using Ddoc, you can see it in the color syntax
hightlighting!

I hope to get back to regular bug fixing after this.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Oct 03 2005
next sibling parent reply "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
The changelog entry for 135 is missing...
Oct 03 2005
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> wrote in message
news:dhs69m$2sfm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
The changelog entry for 135 is missing...
Hmm. It was in the upload list, I wonder what happened. Anyhow, it's there now.
Oct 03 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply David L. Davis <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> writes:
In article <dhs36g$2pru$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter Bright says...
Another extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

This one adds color syntax highlighting of D code, and the ability to
process any document, not just D modules. A big chunk of the D documentation
was converted to using Ddoc, you can see it in the color syntax
hightlighting!

I hope to get back to regular bug fixing after this.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Oct 05 2005
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"David L. Davis" <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:di10ho$12ai$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter, in the template.html there are a few places near the bottom that
 converted the '<b>' html tag to '&gt;b&lt;' and the '</b>' html tag to
 '&gt;/b&lt;', just thought I'd point it out.
Fixed. Thanks!
Oct 05 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dhs36g$2pru$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Another extensive update of Ddoc, www.digitalmars.com/d/ddoc.html

 This one adds color syntax highlighting of D code, and the ability to
 process any document, not just D modules. A big chunk of the D
 documentation
 was converted to using Ddoc, you can see it in the color syntax
 hightlighting!

 I hope to get back to regular bug fixing after this.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Wee! One thing that annoys me, though - DDoc seems to suffix a semicolon to the end of every declaration in the docs, even if they don't have a semicolon on them in the source (i.e. with a function declaration). Could the semicolon be removed in the docs? It'd be nice if that were optional. Secondly, could there be a separate way to output members of structs / classes than members of modules, or is that all handled by a generic system? It looks a little out of place if I want to, say, put a border around the authors and examples sections, but the members of the struct are just sitting there, and if I put a box around members, it'll put a box around the entire module as well. And lastly, how do I change the code highlighting colors?
Oct 13 2005
parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dim6gs$2ei4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One thing that annoys me, though - DDoc seems to suffix a semicolon to the
 end of every declaration in the docs, even if they don't have a semicolon
on
 them in the source (i.e. with a function declaration).  Could the
semicolon
 be removed in the docs?  It'd be nice if that were optional.
There isn't an obvious way to control that. The declaration text is actually generated not from the source, but from the symbol table.
 Secondly, could there be a separate way to output members of structs /
 classes than members of modules, or is that all handled by a generic
system?
 It looks a little out of place if I want to, say, put a border around the
 authors and examples sections, but the members of the struct are just
 sitting there, and if I put a box around members, it'll put a box around
the
 entire module as well.
Try redefining the DDOC_XXXX macros.
 And lastly, how do I change the code highlighting colors?
Redefine the D_XXXX macros, which are by default set to: D_COMMENT = $(GREEN $0) D_STRING = $(RED $0) D_KEYWORD = $(BLUE $0) D_PSYMBOL = $(U $0) D_PARAM = $(I $0)
Oct 13 2005
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dimcq2$2laq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 There isn't an obvious way to control that. The declaration text is
 actually
 generated not from the source, but from the symbol table.
So the semicolons are part of the symbols? That seems odd..
 Try redefining the DDOC_XXXX macros.
If you mean the DDOC_MEMBERS section, I have. However, the same macro applies to members of modules _and_ members of classes/structs. I'd like to know how to (if at all possible) use one macro for the module-level members, and another for class/struct members.
 Redefine the D_XXXX macros, which are by default set to:

 D_COMMENT = $(GREEN $0)
 D_STRING  = $(RED $0)
 D_KEYWORD = $(BLUE $0)
 D_PSYMBOL = $(U $0)
 D_PARAM   = $(I $0)
Might want to document those; the Doc Doc (hehe) doesn't mention them at all. Thanks for those!
Oct 13 2005
next sibling parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dimi9f$2ue1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Might want to document those; the Doc Doc (hehe) doesn't mention them at
 all.  Thanks for those!
I just realized something - there is no number highlighting. Will this be a future feature?
Oct 13 2005
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dimu68$r0n$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just realized something - there is no number highlighting.  Will this be
 future feature?
It could be done easilly enough, I just wonder if there's much value to it.
Oct 14 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dimi9f$2ue1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:dimcq2$2laq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 There isn't an obvious way to control that. The declaration text is
 actually
 generated not from the source, but from the symbol table.
So the semicolons are part of the symbols? That seems odd..
Not what I meant. I meant the text is generated from the symbol table information (you can see that in the dmd front end source). There is no obvious place in it to control the appearance of a semicolon.
 Try redefining the DDOC_XXXX macros.
If you mean the DDOC_MEMBERS section, I have. However, the same macro applies to members of modules _and_ members of classes/structs. I'd like
 know how to (if at all possible) use one macro for the module-level
members,
 and another for class/struct members.
Ok, you're right. It uses the same scheme for all "members of an enclosing symbol", and that includes modules, structs, classes, enums, templates, etc. But does there need to be a distinction?
 Redefine the D_XXXX macros, which are by default set to:

 D_COMMENT = $(GREEN $0)
 D_STRING  = $(RED $0)
 D_KEYWORD = $(BLUE $0)
 D_PSYMBOL = $(U $0)
 D_PARAM   = $(I $0)
Might want to document those; the Doc Doc (hehe) doesn't mention them at all.
It does (perhaps you're looking at an older version): Highlighting of D code is performed by the following macros: D Code Formatting Macros D_COMMENT Highlighting of comments D_STRING Highlighting of string literals D_KEYWORD Highlighting of D keywords D_PSYMBOL Highlighting of current declaration name D_PARAM Highlighting of current function declaration parameters
Oct 14 2005
parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:dinu23$2j6g$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 Not what I meant. I meant the text is generated from the symbol table
 information (you can see that in the dmd front end source). There is no
 obvious place in it to control the appearance of a semicolon.
Still not understanding what you mean, and the frontend is more than a mess. But I'll take your word.
 Ok, you're right. It uses the same scheme for all "members of an enclosing
 symbol", and that includes modules, structs, classes, enums, templates,
 etc.
 But does there need to be a distinction?
Because usually I don't want module-level members styled the same way as class or struct-level members.
 It does (perhaps you're looking at an older version):
Ooh, then there's a problem with the 0.135 archive - it has the 0.134 docs. Just checked the ZIP, looked at the DDoc doc and the changelog, and it's 0.134.
Oct 14 2005