digitalmars.D.announce - DMD 0.129 release

reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Aug 06 2005
next sibling parent zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

New std.format does not handle bit arrays properly. Test case: bit[] ba; ba ~= false; ba ~= true; writef("%s\n", ba); //outputs "[false,false]" writef("[%s,%s]", ba[0], ba[1]); //outputs "[false,true]"
Aug 06 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

The invalid-lvalue-crashes-dmd bug is also fixed. Maybe that should also be written in the changelog?
Aug 06 2005
prev sibling parent reply David L. Davis <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> writes:
In article <dd458u$2n3u$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Walter, thanks for adding the string literal indicators, though I thought they would've have been prefixes instead of postfixes, because of the many posts on the subject back in the days when Jill and others (myself included) requested something like this. But hey, it works, and I'm not about to "kick a gift horse in the mouth!" :) In my small test below it appears that the 'char' literals are missing this new feature, will you be adding this to them as well? Thanks for your reply in advance. Output: ---------- C:\dmd>dmd strtest2.d C:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe strtest2,,,user32+kernel32/noi; C:\dmd>strtest2 Literal "ABC"c is a UTF8 string Literal "ABC"w is a UTF16 string Literal "ABC"d is a UTF32 string C:\dmd> David L. ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!" ------------------------------------------------------------------- MKoD: http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_Main_XP.html
Aug 07 2005
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"David L. Davis" <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dd515n$97m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter, thanks for adding the string literal indicators, though I thought
 they
 would've have been prefixes instead of postfixes, because of the many
 posts on
 the subject back in the days when Jill and others (myself included)
 requested
 something like this. But hey, it works, and I'm not about to "kick a gift
 horse
 in the mouth!" :)
I'm also a little surprised that they're postfixes instead of prefixes, since D already has the r and x prefixes. c, w, and d as prefixes would be a little more consistent, and would maybe even make more sense to those coming from C++ that has the L prefix. I like them, though.
Aug 07 2005
next sibling parent "Uwe Salomon" <post uwesalomon.de> writes:
 I'm also a little surprised that they're postfixes instead of prefixes,
 since D already has the r and x prefixes.  c, w, and d as prefixes would
 be
 a little more consistent, and would maybe even make more sense to those
 coming from C++ that has the L prefix.
How to denote a WYSIWYG UTF-16 string, then? rw"This way???" That makes no sense, eh? And the number modifiers are postfixes, too (234u, 23.54l etc.). Ciao uwe
Aug 07 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dd5gpa$kt2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "David L. Davis" <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> wrote in message
 news:dd515n$97m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter, thanks for adding the string literal indicators, though I thought
 they
 would've have been prefixes instead of postfixes, because of the many
 posts on
 the subject back in the days when Jill and others (myself included)
 requested
 something like this. But hey, it works, and I'm not about to "kick a gift
 horse
 in the mouth!" :)
I'm also a little surprised that they're postfixes instead of prefixes, since D already has the r and x prefixes. c, w, and d as prefixes would be a little more consistent, and would maybe even make more sense to those coming from C++ that has the L prefix. I like them, though.
Postfix makes it easier to parse since you don't have to look for cr", rc" permutations. The r/x are mutually exclusive and the c/w/d are mutually exclusive so it works out. Hopefully we won't need any more flags on string literals or else we'll have to get really creative.
Aug 07 2005
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dd5gpa$kt2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm also a little surprised that they're postfixes instead of prefixes,
 since D already has the r and x prefixes.  c, w, and d as prefixes would
be
 a little more consistent, and would maybe even make more sense to those
 coming from C++ that has the L prefix.
Postfixes because: 1) consistent with numeric postfixes l, u, f, i, to specify type. 2) the string prefixes don't specify type, they specify in what format the string will be
Aug 08 2005