www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Doubt about this Forum

reply TryingToPost <trying gmail.com> writes:
I'm trying to post on this thread 
(https://forum.dlang.org/thread/akwgdmvcrdayhulfpico forum.dlang.org), and I
keep getting that this message:

"Your message has been saved, and will be posted after being 
approved by a moderator."

But like the other time, it was never approved. There is nothing 
wrong with the message, and I can re-post here if you want.

So is censorship the new rule?
Feb 25
next sibling parent Michelle Long <HappyDance321 gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 04:03:30 UTC, TryingToPost wrote:
 I'm trying to post on this thread 
 (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/akwgdmvcrdayhulfpico forum.dlang.org), and I
keep getting that this message:

 "Your message has been saved, and will be posted after being 
 approved by a moderator."

 But like the other time, it was never approved. There is 
 nothing wrong with the message, and I can re-post here if you 
 want.

 So is censorship the new rule?
Yes it is... There are people in the world that believe controlling others is the way to solve problems and they just make more problems for everyone and they don't care because they are in control(which is really the gist of it... they just want to be in control and the reason they claim is just an excuse).
Feb 25
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Jonathan M Davis <newsgroup.d jmdavisprog.com> writes:
On Monday, February 25, 2019 9:03:30 PM MST TryingToPost via Digitalmars-d 
wrote:
 I'm trying to post on this thread
 (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/akwgdmvcrdayhulfpico forum.dlang.org), and
 I keep getting that this message:

 "Your message has been saved, and will be posted after being
 approved by a moderator."

 But like the other time, it was never approved. There is nothing
 wrong with the message, and I can re-post here if you want.

 So is censorship the new rule?
Posts are rarely removed or blocked. Usually, it's only for spam, though occasionally really offensive posts do get removed. I don't use the web interface very often, and my account is quite old at this point anyway, so I'm unlikely to have to deal with the spam protections, so I'm not very familiar with them, but presumably, that's what you're hitting, and either something has gone wrong with them, or no one on the short list of people who would qualify as a "moderator" has had time to look at any of your posts yet. Certainly, no one is going to be censoring your posts simply for having a contrary point of view or anything like that. - Jonathan M Davis
Feb 25
parent Dominikus Dittes Scherkl <dominikus.scherkl continental-corporation.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 06:31:41 UTC, Jonathan M Davis 
wrote:
 On Monday, February 25, 2019 9:03:30 PM MST TryingToPost via 
 Digitalmars-d wrote:
 I'm trying to post on this thread 
 (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/akwgdmvcrdayhulfpico forum.dlang.org), and I
keep getting that this message:

 "Your message has been saved, and will be posted after being 
 approved by a moderator."

 But like the other time, it was never approved. There is 
 nothing wrong with the message, and I can re-post here if you 
 want.

 So is censorship the new rule?
Posts are rarely removed or blocked. Usually, it's only for spam,
If you managed to send a message that was considered SPAM, simply resending it unchanged only cements that that decision was correct and will of course again be treated as SPAM. You should try to think about why it could be considered SPAM and change that part.
Feb 26
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 2/25/19 11:03 PM, TryingToPost wrote:
 I'm trying to post on this thread 
 (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/akwgdmvcrdayhulfpico forum.dlang.org), 
 and I keep getting that this message:
 
 "Your message has been saved, and will be posted after being approved by 
 a moderator."
 
 But like the other time, it was never approved. There is nothing wrong 
 with the message, and I can re-post here if you want.
 
 So is censorship the new rule?
Is that the post on the announce forum? A few copies of the text arrived under different names in the moderation queue. I approved one and deleted the duplicates.
Feb 26
parent reply TryingToPost <trying topost.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 12:36:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 Is that the post on the announce forum? A few copies of the 
 text arrived under different names in the moderation queue. I 
 approved one and deleted the duplicates.
Yes, and since my name is a common one, a changed it a bit because I thought it was a name issue. In fact I think that I tried 4 times, including this nickname and changing VPN. Interesting enough while in that thread it was needed moderators approval, I was able to create this thread without any problem. So maybe there is some mechanism and if the topic is "too hot", so there will be moderation? But I think It should be better if it was warned before posting about this moderation thing and not after writing a text. In this case it was approved, but last time (A month ago) it was not but I didn't bother to say anything. In that case my message didn't have any swearing of any kind or I was offensive to anyone.
Feb 26
parent reply Vladimir Panteleev <thecybershadow.lists gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 13:37:30 UTC, TryingToPost wrote:
 In fact I think that I tried 4 times, including this nickname 
 and changing VPN.
Sorry about the trouble you've experienced with posting. Automatic moderation is a constant battle between reducing inconveniences for legitimate users, keeping bots and spammers at bay, and balancing the work load on human moderators vs. automated systems. These systems are never going to be perfect, but that won't stop us from keep trying to improve them. However, trying to bypass automated moderation systems will generally only raise more red flags. In this case, the system worked as designed by intercepting the duplicate posts. If you have trouble posting in the future and your messages aren't getting through, feel free to reach out to me on IRC (CyberShadow on Freenode). Other moderators are also on #dlang_org on dlang.slack.com.
Feb 26
parent reply JN <666total wp.pl> writes:
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 14:02:27 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev 
wrote:
 If you have trouble posting in the future and your messages 
 aren't getting through, feel free to reach out to me on IRC 
 (CyberShadow on Freenode). Other moderators are also on 
 #dlang_org on dlang.slack.com.
Isn't D slack a supersecretive invite only thing?
Feb 26
parent reply Johannes Loher <johannes.loher fg4f.de> writes:
On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 05:49:53 UTC, JN wrote:
 On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 14:02:27 UTC, Vladimir 
 Panteleev wrote:
 If you have trouble posting in the future and your messages 
 aren't getting through, feel free to reach out to me on IRC 
 (CyberShadow on Freenode). Other moderators are also on 
 #dlang_org on dlang.slack.com.
Isn't D slack a supersecretive invite only thing?
It is not, just join if you want :)
Feb 26
parent reply JN <666total wp.pl> writes:
On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 07:40:39 UTC, Johannes Loher 
wrote:
 On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 05:49:53 UTC, JN wrote:
 On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 14:02:27 UTC, Vladimir 
 Panteleev wrote:
 If you have trouble posting in the future and your messages 
 aren't getting through, feel free to reach out to me on IRC 
 (CyberShadow on Freenode). Other moderators are also on 
 #dlang_org on dlang.slack.com.
Isn't D slack a supersecretive invite only thing?
It is not, just join if you want :)
I can't. "Don't have an account on this workspace yet? Contact the workspace administrator for an invitation"
Feb 27
parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 02/27/2019 03:35 AM, JN wrote:
 On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 07:40:39 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:
 On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 05:49:53 UTC, JN wrote:
 On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 14:02:27 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
 If you have trouble posting in the future and your messages aren't
 getting through, feel free to reach out to me on IRC (CyberShadow on
 Freenode). Other moderators are also on #dlang_org on dlang.slack.com.
Isn't D slack a supersecretive invite only thing?
It is not, just join if you want :)
I can't. "Don't have an account on this workspace yet? Contact the workspace administrator for an invitation"
Slack requires paid subscriptions for our level of membership. They have extended us free membership as a courtesy to a nonprofit organization. In return for the favor, we're trying to stick with their rules as best we can. To join, you may want to write Sebastian Wilzbach (contact easy to find in this forum). Thanks for your interest.
Feb 27
prev sibling parent Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 04:03:30 UTC, TryingToPost wrote:
 I'm trying to post on this thread 
 (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/akwgdmvcrdayhulfpico forum.dlang.org), and I
keep getting that this message:

 "Your message has been saved, and will be posted after being 
 approved by a moderator."

 But like the other time, it was never approved. There is 
 nothing wrong with the message, and I can re-post here if you 
 want.

 So is censorship the new rule?
When the spam filter flags a post, all moderators receive a link that allows them to approve the post or ignore it. Normally, if a post is mistakenly flagged, one of the moderators will eventually approve it. Sometimes it happens fairly quickly, sometimes it takes a while before one of them gets to it.
Feb 26