www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - December 17 Running vibe.d tutorial on Windows?

reply siavash <novinadwordsir gmail.com> writes:
hi friends
I'm trying to run/build the vibe.d tutorial on Windows. When I 
run the following:
dub init tut -t vibe.d
cd tut
dub
I get this error: [optlink-error.png](https://postimg.cc/gwTB6y0G)
I tried adding
"subConfigurations": {"vibe-d": "win32"}
to my dub.json, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Jan 17
parent reply bauss <jj_1337 live.dk> writes:
On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:17:32 UTC, siavash wrote:
 hi friends
 I'm trying to run/build the vibe.d tutorial on Windows. When I 
 run the following:
 dub init tut -t vibe.d
 cd tut
 dub
 I get this error: 
 [optlink-error.png](https://postimg.cc/gwTB6y0G)
 I tried adding
 "subConfigurations": {"vibe-d": "win32"}
 to my dub.json, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Use "-a=x86_mscoff" also
Jan 17
parent reply Seb <seb wilzba.ch> writes:
On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:32:36 UTC, bauss wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:17:32 UTC, siavash wrote:
 hi friends
 I'm trying to run/build the vibe.d tutorial on Windows. When I 
 run the following:
 dub init tut -t vibe.d
 cd tut
 dub
 I get this error: 
 [optlink-error.png](https://postimg.cc/gwTB6y0G)
 I tried adding
 "subConfigurations": {"vibe-d": "win32"}
 to my dub.json, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Use "-a=x86_mscoff" also
Yup, Vibe.d doesn't compile with OPTLINK [1] which is why we should really change the defaults. At least for dub. [1] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2243
Jan 17
next sibling parent reply Seb <seb wilzba.ch> writes:
On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:37:06 UTC, Seb wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:32:36 UTC, bauss wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:17:32 UTC, siavash wrote:
 hi friends
 I'm trying to run/build the vibe.d tutorial on Windows. When 
 I run the following:
 dub init tut -t vibe.d
 cd tut
 dub
 I get this error: 
 [optlink-error.png](https://postimg.cc/gwTB6y0G)
 I tried adding
 "subConfigurations": {"vibe-d": "win32"}
 to my dub.json, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Use "-a=x86_mscoff" also
Yup, Vibe.d doesn't compile with OPTLINK [1] which is why we should really change the defaults. At least for dub. [1] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2243
Argh I wanted to share this link [2], it looks like there are tons of issues about OptLink in the Vibe.d issue tracker.... [2] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/1908
Jan 17
parent bauss <jj_1337 live.dk> writes:
On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:38:37 UTC, Seb wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:37:06 UTC, Seb wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:32:36 UTC, bauss wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:17:32 UTC, siavash wrote:
 [...]
Use "-a=x86_mscoff" also
Yup, Vibe.d doesn't compile with OPTLINK [1] which is why we should really change the defaults. At least for dub. [1] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2243
Argh I wanted to share this link [2], it looks like there are tons of issues about OptLink in the Vibe.d issue tracker.... [2] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/1908
Yep. I'm pretty sure I also made an issue 1-2 years ago about it.
Jan 17
prev sibling next sibling parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2019-01-17 10:37, Seb wrote:

 Yup, Vibe.d doesn't compile with OPTLINK [1] which is why we should 
 really change the defaults. At least for dub.
The annoying thing is also if you do set the "-m32mscoff" flag in the Dub file, you'll get a warning from Dub to use the Dub flag "--arch" instead. -- /Jacob Carlborg
Jan 18
prev sibling parent Rubn <where is.this> writes:
On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:37:06 UTC, Seb wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:32:36 UTC, bauss wrote:
 On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 09:17:32 UTC, siavash wrote:
 hi friends
 I'm trying to run/build the vibe.d tutorial on Windows. When 
 I run the following:
 dub init tut -t vibe.d
 cd tut
 dub
 I get this error: 
 [optlink-error.png](https://postimg.cc/gwTB6y0G)
 I tried adding
 "subConfigurations": {"vibe-d": "win32"}
 to my dub.json, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Use "-a=x86_mscoff" also
Yup, Vibe.d doesn't compile with OPTLINK [1] which is why we should really change the defaults. At least for dub. [1] https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2243
It's why Optlink should be tossed in the trash bin where it belongs. Some mutant 20 year old x86 assembly "translated" to C hybrid that isn't being maintained any longer and is only introducing limitations into D's Windows implementation (even for -m32mscoff/-m64 where it isn't required) to circumvent Optlink's bugs.
Jan 20