digitalmars.D - default parameters in interface, does it make sense

reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
Hi all,

I have some code which reads:

interface Foo {
   void bar(int a = 5);
}

class FooBar : Foo {
   void bar(int a) {

the default parameter in the interface appears to be ignored completely by
the compiler, I was expecting either:

- an error, as it's not allowed.
- an error, as FooBar does not implement an identical method (complete
with default param)

What does everyone think, is there any point to default parameters in
interfaces, if so, what should they do, how should they behave.

Regan

Aug 09 2004
parent reply parabolis <parabolis softhome.net> writes:
Regan Heath wrote:

 What does everyone think, is there any point to default parameters in
 interfaces, if so, what should they do, how should they behave.
interface DataSink { write( ubyte buf, uint len = 0, uint off = 0 ); } :)
Aug 10 2004
parent reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:12:56 -0700, parabolis <parabolis softhome.net>