digitalmars.D - D.NET update

reply Deja Augustine <deja scratch-ware.net> writes:
To all of you out there waiting with bated breath for D.NET, you may now
breathe a little easier knowing that the project is finally making some
headway.  As of this moment, the following code compiles and runs perfectly:

------------------------- main.d -------------------------
pragma(DdotNET_Assembly, "DCorLib");
pragma(DdotNET_Module, "DCorLib");

		// TestClass, with two public static methods:
		// PrintInt(Int32 i)
		// PrintString(string s)

void main()
{
     int i = 50;
     TestClass.PrintInt(i);

     i += 25;
     TestClass.PrintInt(i);

     i = i / 3;
     TestClass.PrintInt(i);

     System.String s;
     s = "test string";
     TestClass.PrintString(s);

     System.Console.WriteLine("Internal: {0}",
			      cast(System.Object)(s));
     return;
}
-------------------------- end --------------------------

Rest assured, the pragma names will be changed to something a little
less verbose later on, and the System.Object cast will shortly become
implicit (as will boxing, I hope)

A few things to note:

1. Since the .NET CLR supports global variables and functions, it's not

2. The import statement has been modified so that if it doesn't find a D
module, it looks for assemblies.

3. The compiler automatically imports mscorlib, and all classes
automatically derive from [mscorlib]System.Object

While this is promising, it's far from being very useful and there's
still a long way to go before I can even offer an alpha release, but I
just wanted to let the community know that the foundation is there and
the rest should progress much more quickly.

-Deja
Jul 31 2004
next sibling parent "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Sounds like you're progressing well.

I wonder, down the line, how well we may be able to map DTL containers to .NET
ones. But that's a chat months away. :-)

Keep up the good work.

"Deja Augustine" <deja scratch-ware.net> wrote in message
news:cehhj8$1iiv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

prev sibling next sibling parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:

use D ;)

Deja Augustine wrote:

[...]

-- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Aug 01 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Matthias Becker <Matthias_member pathlink.com> writes:
Sounds great!
Aug 01 2004
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Congrats!
Aug 01 2004