digitalmars.D - Reserved words in D and C

reply Arcane Jill <Arcane_member pathlink.com> writes:
Please read this post with a sense of humor. This isn't a serious problem, so
I'm just posting it for fun.

Just because something is a reserved word in D, doesn't necessarily make it a
reserved word in C. How may I call this C function, whose name happens to be
inout?

Jill
Jul 20 2004
next sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Arcane Jill wrote:
 Please read this post with a sense of humor. This isn't a serious problem, so
 I'm just posting it for fun.

 Just because something is a reserved word in D, doesn't necessarily make it a
 reserved word in C. How may I call this C function, whose name happens to be
 inout?
Either rename the C function (if it's within your control), or write a C wrapper to effectively rename it. This reminds me of an idea I've had for a while: something like extern("_inout") int inOut(int x); The idea is that the actual mangled name would be specified in extern(...), and it would be mapped to a function name of the programmer's in the D code. This could be used to interface a wider range of foreign codes, e.g. the Sun F90 compiler puts dots in mangled function names, preventing them from being interfaced for the time being. Calling convention for this syntax? Well, I guess plain C would be sensible - I'm not sure if it's accurate to say that C is the simplest, and that other CCs can be expressed in terms of it. Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Jul 20 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:31:46 +0000 (UTC), Arcane Jill