digitalmars.D - DDJ 'Aspect-Oriented Programming & C++' article

reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
So.. who's read it? I think it's quite interesting, has anyone tried to do
anything like it in D yet?

Regan

Jul 13 2004
next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
I reviewed it for Chris some months ago, and have encouraged him to look at
Aspect-D. AFAICR, he was interested but, like the rest of us, has a lot on his
plate.

Hopefully, we can interest him in doing some AOP mixins for D later in the year.
:)

How 'bout it Chris??

"Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> wrote in message
news:opsa3oh9z95a2sq9 digitalmars.com...
 So.. who's read it? I think it's quite interesting, has anyone tried to do
 anything like it in D yet?

 Regan

Jul 13 2004
parent Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:06:03 +1000, Matthew
I saw your name in the Acknowledgements :)
 , and have encouraged him to look at
 Aspect-D. AFAICR, he was interested but, like the rest of us, has a lot
 on his
 plate.

 Hopefully, we can interest him in doing some AOP mixins for D later in
 the year.
 :)

 How 'bout it Chris??
I'd like to give it a go too. I was hoping an example existed in D that I could play with. Are mixins the way D will do this sort of thing do you think.. I thought of them first when I wondered what the D way would be. Them and templates of course. Regan
 "Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> wrote in message
 news:opsa3oh9z95a2sq9 digitalmars.com...
 So.. who's read it? I think it's quite interesting, has anyone tried to
 do
 anything like it in D yet?

 Regan

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Jul 13 2004
prev sibling parent Ben Hinkle <bhinkle4 juno.com> writes:
Regan Heath wrote:

 So.. who's read it? I think it's quite interesting, has anyone tried to do
 anything like it in D yet?

 Regan

It had some iteresting ideas - though without a preprocessor or other hooks to method invocation it's hard to say how it would apply to D. It was also nice to see the article about Subversion (the SCM dsource uses) and the pitfalls of "volatile" - including a nice little "history of volatile". Both articles were relevant to D users (or those of us using dsource). -Ben
Jul 13 2004