digitalmars.D - Problem with DMD 0.93

reply kinghajj <kinghajj_member pathlink.com> writes:
I tried to compile Walter's example code (from the site) on making functions
with variable arguments, and I got this:

undefined reference to `_vtbl_13TypeInfoClass'

It looks like that my library is outdated, which shouldn't be since I just
replaced my old one with the one from 0.93! Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using DMD 0.93 (duh) in Linux (Fedora Core 2, Test 3).
Jun 23 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"kinghajj" <kinghajj_member pathlink.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:cbcvm2$1ncj$1 digitaldaemon.com
| I tried to compile Walter's example code (from the site) on making
functions
| with variable arguments, and I got this:
|
| undefined reference to `_vtbl_13TypeInfoClass'
|
| It looks like that my library is outdated, which shouldn't be since I just
| replaced my old one with the one from 0.93! Anyone else have this problem?
|
| I'm using DMD 0.93 (duh) in Linux (Fedora Core 2, Test 3).

Maybe you forgot to copy libphobos.a to /usr/lib/ (just a suggestion)

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Jun 23 2004
parent reply John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Carlos Santander B. wrote:

 "kinghajj" <kinghajj_member pathlink.com> escribió en el mensaje
 news:cbcvm2$1ncj$1 digitaldaemon.com
 | I tried to compile Walter's example code (from the site) on making
 functions
 | with variable arguments, and I got this:
 |
 | undefined reference to `_vtbl_13TypeInfoClass'
 |
 | It looks like that my library is outdated, which shouldn't be since I
 | just replaced my old one with the one from 0.93! Anyone else have this
 | problem?
 |
 | I'm using DMD 0.93 (duh) in Linux (Fedora Core 2, Test 3).

 Maybe you forgot to copy libphobos.a to /usr/lib/ (just a suggestion)

 -----------------------
 Carlos Santander Bernal
Even better... you could merely make a symbolic link to libphobos.a in /usr/lib. That way, whenever you replace/overwrite dmd with a new version, the link will automatically point to the updated libphobos. For example, if your dmd is in /opt/dmd and you always extract new versions to that directory: ln -s /opt/dmd/lib/libphobos.a /usr/lib/libphobos.a This just has to be done once. From that time on, /usr/lib/libphobos.a will always point to the most recent version as long as you extract dmd to the same place. Works for me! :-) Later, John
Jun 23 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"John Reimer" <jjreimer telus.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:cbdql6$2v2u$1 digitaldaemon.com
| Even better... you could merely make a symbolic link to libphobos.a
| in /usr/lib.  That way, whenever you replace/overwrite dmd with a new
| version, the link will automatically point to the updated libphobos.

| Works for me! :-)
|
| Later,
|
| John

Great idea. Thanks!

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Jun 24 2004
parent John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Carlos Santander B. wrote:

 "John Reimer" <jjreimer telus.net> escribió en el mensaje
 news:cbdql6$2v2u$1 digitaldaemon.com
 | Even better... you could merely make a symbolic link to libphobos.a
 | in /usr/lib.  That way, whenever you replace/overwrite dmd with a new
 | version, the link will automatically point to the updated libphobos.

 | Works for me! :-)
 |
 | Later,
 |
 | John

 Great idea. Thanks!

 Carlos Santander Bernal
No problem :-) I should add that the same can be done with dmd, dumpobj, and obj2asm by linking dmd/bin files to symbolic links in /usr/bin. Later, John
Jun 27 2004