digitalmars.D - Confirming if I've found a bug or not in v0.93?

reply David L. Davis <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> writes:
The 'D' code below was compiling and linking just fine in dmd v0.92, but now
with v0.93 I getting a linker error:

<Linker error msg>

propercase.obj(propercase) offset 00373H Record Type 0091
Error 1: Previous Definition Different:
_D3etc6nonstd5utils10propercase7isroman5ROMANAa
--- errorlevel 1

</Linker error msg>

Once I move the "const char[] ROMAN = "IVXLCDMivxlcdm";" line out of both of the
isroman() functions, everything then compiles and links nicely again with the
new dmd v0.93. Question, was I doing something wrong before under dmd v0.92? Or
is this a new bug that I should report?

"Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!"
Yeah, it's a bug. Sigh.

"David L. Davis" <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cbcf1b$s0g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 The 'D' code below was compiling and linking just fine in dmd v0.92, but
now
 with v0.93 I getting a linker error:

 <Linker error msg>

 propercase.obj(propercase) offset 00373H Record Type 0091
 Error 1: Previous Definition Different:
 _D3etc6nonstd5utils10propercase7isroman5ROMANAa
 --- errorlevel 1

 </Linker error msg>

 Once I move the "const char[] ROMAN = "IVXLCDMivxlcdm";" line out of both
of the
 isroman() functions, everything then compiles and links nicely again with
the
 new dmd v0.93. Question, was I doing something wrong before under dmd
v0.92? Or
 is this a new bug that I should report?

 "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!"
Jun 23 2004