digitalmars.D - [Off Topic] Off to the big smoke

reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.  So I won't be available for a
few weeks until I can setup my internet connection.  So if you need me,
I won't be here.

I look forward to seeing what has progressed in D when I get settled.

cya

PS - Anyone looking for a room mate in Melbourne (preferably near North
Melbourne), would you please contact me and I will try to check my
email.  Well I had to try <g>

--
-Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Jun 18 2004
next sibling parent reply Derek <derek psyc.ward> writes:
 I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
 bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.  So I won't be available for a
 few weeks until I can setup my internet connection.  So if you need me,
 I won't be here.

 I look forward to seeing what has progressed in D when I get settled.

 cya

 PS - Anyone looking for a room mate in Melbourne (preferably near North
 Melbourne), would you please contact me and I will try to check my
 email.  Well I had to try <g>
Welcome. Where are you coming from? Melbourne is my home town. Sorry I can't help with the room etc... besides I hail from the South East suburbs. -- Derek Melbourne, Australia
Jun 18 2004
parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Derek wrote:

I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.  So I won't be available for a
few weeks until I can setup my internet connection.  So if you need me,
I won't be here.

I look forward to seeing what has progressed in D when I get settled.

cya

PS - Anyone looking for a room mate in Melbourne (preferably near North
Melbourne), would you please contact me and I will try to check my
email.  Well I had to try <g>

Welcome. Where are you coming from? Melbourne is my home town. Sorry I can't help with the room etc... besides I hail from the South East suburbs.
Perth. Thats fine. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Jun 18 2004
parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:cb02lk$gse$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Derek wrote:

I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.  So I won't be available for a
few weeks until I can setup my internet connection.  So if you need me,
I won't be here.

I look forward to seeing what has progressed in D when I get settled.

cya

PS - Anyone looking for a room mate in Melbourne (preferably near North
Melbourne), would you please contact me and I will try to check my
email.  Well I had to try <g>
Welcome. Where are you coming from? Melbourne is my home town. Sorry I can't help with the room etc... besides I hail from the South East
suburbs.

 Perth.  Thats fine.

 --
Im here in Melbourne(Coburg), but we only have two bedrooms, sorry. I dont think you will find it hard to find a place,try www.ljhooker.com.au Phill.
Jun 19 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
J Anderson wrote:
 I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
 bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.
I don't know what your task there will be, but Starship Troopers really looks like the works. Have fun!
Jun 18 2004
prev sibling parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sigbj=F8rn_Lund_Olsen?= <sigbjorn lundolsen.net> writes:
J Anderson wrote:
 I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
 bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.  So I won't be available for a
 few weeks until I can setup my internet connection.  So if you need me,
 I won't be here.

 I look forward to seeing what has progressed in D when I get settled.

 cya

 PS - Anyone looking for a room mate in Melbourne (preferably near North
 Melbourne), would you please contact me and I will try to check my
 email.  Well I had to try <g>
Having got the Aussie detective series 'Stingers' on Norwegian TV, I've been led to believe that Melbourne is a town with a *lot* of crime. Kinda like Denton & Oxford. The murder rate is unbelievable ;-) Cheers, Sigbjørn Lund Olsen
Jun 18 2004
parent reply Derek <derek psyc.ward> writes:
 I'm off to the big smoke (Melbourne) to work for the game company
 bluetongue (www.bluetongue.com) tomorrow.  So I won't be available for a
 few weeks until I can setup my internet connection.  So if you need me,
 I won't be here.

 I look forward to seeing what has progressed in D when I get settled.

 cya

 PS - Anyone looking for a room mate in Melbourne (preferably near North
 Melbourne), would you please contact me and I will try to check my
 email.  Well I had to try <g>
Having got the Aussie detective series 'Stingers' on Norwegian TV, I've been led to believe that Melbourne is a town with a *lot* of crime. Kinda like Denton & Oxford. The murder rate is unbelievable ;-) Cheers, Sigbjørn Lund Olsen
LOL. Note the truism "There are lies, damn lies, and TV crime series". Well actually at the moment there are two very highly visible "events" happening. There is a huge enquiry into police corruption - lots of police are very worried, and there's a mini gang war between the established 'mafia-style' criminals and the newer generation of crime group - about thirty gangsters have been murdered in the last couple of years. Some say the two are related. On the other hand, Melbourne has again been voted as the world's most livable city! -- Derek Melbourne, Australia
Jun 18 2004
[...]

Actually Mebourne, Vancouver, and Vienna tied for top place. 1= Melbourne 1= Vancouver 1= Vienna 4= Perth 5= Geneva 6= Adelaide 6= Brisbane 6= Copenhagen 6= Montreal 6= Oslo 6= Sydney 6= Zurich 13= Helsinki 13= Stockholm 13= Toronto Others: 19= Auckland 19= Honolulu 28= Paris 45= London 51= Dublin 51= New York 57= Washington 64= Athens 75= Beijing 130 Port Moresby (Last place) Baghdad was not surveyed, and I don't know about Jo'burg either. ;-) -- Derek Melbourne, Australia
Jun 18 2004
parent John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:

 LOL. Note the truism "There are lies, damn lies, and TV crime series".

 Well actually at the moment there are two very highly visible "events"
 happening. There is a huge enquiry into police corruption - lots of
 police are very worried, and there's a mini gang war between the
 established 'mafia-style' criminals and the newer generation of crime
 group - about thirty gangsters have been murdered in the last couple of
 years. Some say the two are related.

 On the other hand, Melbourne has again been voted as the world's most
 livable city!
Actually Mebourne, Vancouver, and Vienna tied for top place. 1= Melbourne 1= Vancouver
Is that Vancouver, British Columbia? <snip rest of list> Later, John
Jun 19 2004