digitalmars.D - The Squirrel Scripting Language

reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
http://www.squirrel-lang.org/#overview

If anyone here would like to help me convert the Squirrel scripting
language to a native D version, I would jump on that project in a
heartbeat; I may jump on it anyways.

The squirrel source base is surprisingly small, it is zlib/png licensed
and we would probably want to give it a different name so we have an
excuse not to play version catch up with the original and so we could
tweak it as needed.

If anyone is interested, reply here or post here
http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1591
Jun 20 2006
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"clayasaurus" <clayasaurus gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e79aq3$2kli$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.squirrel-lang.org/#overview

 If anyone here would like to help me convert the Squirrel scripting
 language to a native D version, I would jump on that project in a
 heartbeat; I may jump on it anyways.

 The squirrel source base is surprisingly small, it is zlib/png licensed
 and we would probably want to give it a different name so we have an
 excuse not to play version catch up with the original and so we could
 tweak it as needed.

 If anyone is interested, reply here or post here
 http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1591
Looks like a cool language; a lot like what I'm trying to make. Although mine is less Lua and more D ;) I might start a dsource project for my language, but if it never really gets off the ground, I'd certainly like to help with this.
Jun 20 2006
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
[...]

I would encourage you two to work together, then we'll have one done language rather than two half done ones!
Jun 21 2006
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:e7bva8$9lp$2 digitaldaemon.com...

 I would encourage you two to work together, then we'll have one done
 language rather than two half done ones!
There you go. That, or it could be a competition. _To the death_.
Jun 21 2006
parent Carlito <Carlito_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <e7cc32$s7m$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...
"Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:e7bva8$9lp$2 digitaldaemon.com...

 I would encourage you two to work together, then we'll have one done
 language rather than two half done ones!
There you go. That, or it could be a competition. _To the death_.
There you go.  That, or it could be a competition.  _To the death_.
Hehehe
Jun 23 2006