digitalmars.D - New unichar release - dramatic size reduction

reply Hauke Duden <H.NS.Duden gmx.net> writes:
I finally finished the size optimizations for the unichar module. The
result is quite satisfactory, if I may say so myself ;).

The impact on executable size has been reduced to 7 KB (was 12 KB).
The runtime RAM requirements are reduced to 44 KB (was 2 MB).

That's about as good as I can make it without huge performance
penalties. So apart from any bug fixes that may come up, I hope this
wraps up the unichar module.

The new version can be downloaded here:
http://www.hazardarea.com/unichar.zip

Hauke
Jun 13 2004
parent "The Dr ... who?" <thedr who.com> writes:
"Hauke Duden" <H.NS.Duden gmx.net> wrote in message
news:caiho0$1765$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I finally finished the size optimizations for the unichar module. The
 result is quite satisfactory, if I may say so myself ;).

 The impact on executable size has been reduced to 7 KB (was 12 KB).
 The runtime RAM requirements are reduced to 44 KB (was 2 MB).
That's an amazing improvement. Bravo!!