digitalmars.D - Anyone know what this error is?

reply Joe <Joe_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hello all,

I've been researching this one error for many hours now using google and this
discussion group, but have not come up with a solution.

Can anyone tell me what this error is and how to fix it?

Error 42: Symbol Undefined __init_5win324cool

I have seen Symbol Undefineds before, and it's usually a missing lib or
something. Yes, other code in the same program is accessing the win32API, but
the struct which is generating the error isn't external to the code...

I have a file called win32, and the struct inside that is called cool (a temp
name). And it has to do with a static array inside the struct.

thanks,
joe
May 23 2006
next sibling parent reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
"Joe" <Joe_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:e500t1$35i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hello all,

 I've been researching this one error for many hours now using google and
 this
 discussion group, but have not come up with a solution.

 Can anyone tell me what this error is and how to fix it?

 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __init_5win324cool

 I have seen Symbol Undefineds before, and it's usually a missing lib or
 something. Yes, other code in the same program is accessing the win32API,
 but
 the struct which is generating the error isn't external to the code...

 I have a file called win32, and the struct inside that is called cool (a
 temp
 name). And it has to do with a static array inside the struct.
This seems like exactly the same problem I've got in Harmonia. Try to remove -inline flag from call of dmd.exe - should help. Andrew http://terrainformatica.com
May 23 2006
parent Joe <Joe_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <e505ja$8eh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Andrew Fedoniouk says...
[...]

Thanks Andrew, but that did not work. I pasted the struct I was using into the main code file, and that worked. But as Bruno suggested, I wasn't actually specifying my win32.d file on the dmd command line. That is odd that it needed it, I thought the compiler would auto pull that in, and generate a master code file for compilation. joe
May 24 2006
prev sibling parent reply Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeirosATgmail SPAM.com> writes:
Joe wrote:
 Hello all,

 I've been researching this one error for many hours now using google and this
 discussion group, but have not come up with a solution.

 Can anyone tell me what this error is and how to fix it?

 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __init_5win324cool

 I have seen Symbol Undefineds before, and it's usually a missing lib or
 something. Yes, other code in the same program is accessing the win32API, but
 the struct which is generating the error isn't external to the code...

 I have a file called win32, and the struct inside that is called cool (a temp
 name). And it has to do with a static array inside the struct.

 thanks,
 joe

Are you compiling and linking the win32 file with your program, or just importing it? If you're just importing it, that would explain the error. -- Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?BrunoMedeiros#D
May 24 2006
parent reply joe <joe_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <e51bpj$1kot$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Bruno Medeiros says...
Joe wrote:
[...]

Yep, that was it. The other file was not being specifically listed on the command line. I thought the D compiler was auto-pulling in those other imported files? Oh well. Now I know. Thanks Bruno. joe
May 24 2006
parent "Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> writes:
 Yep, that was it. The other file was not being specifically listed on the
 command line. I thought the D compiler was auto-pulling in those other
 imported
 files? Oh well. Now I know. Thanks Bruno.
That's what Build does for you. -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia
May 24 2006