digitalmars.D - Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)

reply =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> writes:
Hi

I have been watching one of googles tech talk videos about BDD.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8135690990081075324&q=engedu

and maybe we can use this to fix up D's unit test environment what
do you think ?
May 12 2006
next sibling parent Thomas Kuehne <thomas-dloop kuehne.cn> writes:
May 13 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent nick <nick.atamas gmail.com> writes:
Knud Sørensen wrote:
 Hi

 I have been watching one of googles tech talk videos about BDD.

 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8135690990081075324&q=engedu

 and maybe we can use this to fix up D's unit test environment what
 do you think ?
It seemed like the speaker mentioned some existing problems but didn't spend enough time explaining the solution. The syntax sugar alone surely isn't enough.
May 13 2006
prev sibling parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Knud Sørensen" <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.05.12.12.09.15.88059 sneakemail.com...
 Hi

 I have been watching one of googles tech talk videos about BDD.

 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8135690990081075324&q=engedu

 and maybe we can use this to fix up D's unit test environment what
 do you think ?
Sounds just like DbC, but with syntactic sugar that would just bloat D. And with some things only possible or necessary with an interpreted, dynamically-typed language like Ruby.
May 13 2006
parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

 Sounds just like DbC, but with syntactic sugar that would just bloat D.  And
 with some things only possible or necessary with an interpreted,
 dynamically-typed language like Ruby.
For what it's worth, Google is crazy for Python and this presentation may well have been targeted that way. Sean
May 14 2006